Manager, Forward Deployed Engineering
New York City
Bluecore is a Retail Performance Cloud specializing in artificial intelligence - based workflows. Our unique ability to leverage machine learning to match customer data with real-time product and behavior enables brands to build intelligent, marketing communications and personalized campaigns in seconds vs. days. More than 400 retail brands, including Staples, Perry Ellis, Teleflora, Tommy Hilfiger and Best Buy Canada, increase their performance with less effort leveraging our products. Bluecore has been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Glassdoor and is ranked No. 241 on the Inc. 500 List, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.
The Forward Deployed Engineering team is dedicated to helping our clients to extract maximum value from the Bluecore platform and engine. FDEs (for short) bring their engineering, technical and strategic capacities to the front lines, working directly with clients to design, architect and code implementations of the Bluecore engine that map to the client’s website and data sources. FDEs are also responsible for ensuring continued client success after implementation by building out additional features within the Bluecore product platform and UI, ensuring intelligence and actions from the Bluecore product platform and UI are in line with client expectations, and serving as the first point of contact for any technical requests from clients.
The Forward Deployed Engineer Manager will oversee one of the teams within the Forward Deployed Engineering functional group and be expected to maximize their productivity, ensure they are providing the best customer solutions, enhance the overall customer experience and establish client technology and coding standards, and bring Bluecore into the future with scaled applications. The right candidate will seek to foster teamwork and accountability among direct reports as well as encourage and exemplify healthy communication and cooperation with other functional groups within the company.
- Coach and mentor a team of Forward Deployed Engineers, providing career guidance and holding regular one-on-one sessions.
- Help manage the career growth of your team and ensure that everyone has skill development plans.
- Work with our recruiting team to continue to build out best in class FDEs.
- Maintain a high bar for code quality through code reviews and helping the team think through edge cases that our customers will bring forward.
- Facilitate team meetings and team retrospectives.
- Partner with the Engineering and Product teams, as well as other departments and stakeholders, to align on broader engineering and company initiatives.
- Serve as the technical escalation point-of-contact pre-launch; essentially, act as a sales/solutions engineer.
- Serve as the technical escalation point-of-contact post-launch: work closely with the rest of the Customer Success team and directly with clients to think creatively about customizations and different ways to leverage the Bluecore platform.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science is preferred.
- At least 4 years of experience in technology positions, at least 2 of them in a direct management positionExperience working and communicating directly with customers.
- Ability to take ambiguous workflows and turn them into structured processes.
- Familiarity with Ecommerce is a bonus.
- Highly competitive compensation package including salary and equity as well as the opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing marketing technology companies
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Monthly fitness stipend for a gym membership or fitness classes
- Monthly public transportation
- Generous Parental Leave & flexible vacation policy
At Bluecore we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Bluecore is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.