Senior Staff Accountant (Temporary)
New York City
Bluecore is a retail marketing technology company that is reimagining the way retailers communicate with shoppers. The 2019 launch of Bluecore Communicate™ introduces retailers to a fundamentally different email solution that replaces manual processes with an intelligent, AI-driven workflow. More than 400 retail brands, including Staples, Tommy Hilfiger, The North Face, TomboyX, and Bass Pro Shops, increase their marketing performance with less effort through Bluecore. Bluecore has been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Glassdoor and is ranked No. 241 on the Inc. 500 List, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.
Bluecore is seeking a Staff Accountant for a temporary assignment, someone who is a proactive self-starter and enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment to support the growing Finance team. This addition to the team will be responsible for producing accurate and timely reconciliations of assigned accounts, preparing journal entries and maintaining compliance with US GAAP. This Staff Accountant will be a key player in the Month-End Close as well as have an opportunity to grow within a dynamic Finance organization.
- Review T&E Reports and reimbursements
- Book monthly journal entries and prepare related account reconciliations as part of monthly close procedures - prepaid, fixed assets, accruals etc...
- Code and post credit card transactions, looking for ways to streamline process
- Enter vendor invoices and support procurement process
- Conduct accounting research to promote best practices
- Contribute to process improvement project, including technology implementations, policy creation and assist with audit preparation
- Support Sales Order processing, digesting complex manual steps and tracking opportunities for automation
- This is a fast-growing environment and the candidate must have willingness to support ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests as needed
- 2-4 years of relevant accounting experience is required
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree required; CPA is preferred
- Understanding of accounting theory and US GAAP
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with an emphasis on being detail oriented
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Excel
- Experience with Netsuite and Expensify preferred
At Bluecore we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Bluecore is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.