Senior Director, Marketing and Communications
New York City
Bluecore is a retail marketing technology company that is reimagining the way retailers communicate with shoppers. The 2019 launch of Bluecore Communicate™ introduces retailers to a fundamentally different email solution that replaces manual processes with an intelligent, AI-driven workflow. More than 400 retail brands, including Staples, Tommy Hilfiger, The North Face, TomboyX, and Bass Pro Shops, increase their marketing performance with less effort through Bluecore. Bluecore has been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Glassdoor and is ranked No. 241 on the Inc. 500 List, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.
We are looking for a strong, nimble, and strategic thought leader to run a marketing department that touches PR, Events, Partner Marketing, Content, Design, and Integrated Planning. This industry veteran should have an incredibly strong background in branding and messaging, and expertise in growing highly skilled specialists in the domains of public relations and thought leadership, customer advocacy, customer marketing, and global field marketing.
You will be leading a data-driven, creative, and highly impactful marketing team which sits at the epicenter at the most important lead generation and awareness efforts for Bluecore.
- Develop and implement a cohesive, integrated, and strategic marketing plan designed to achieve defined corporate Bluecore goals.
- Nurture and develop a highly skilled team of marketers focused on communications, public relations, events, content and design.
- Manage and direct public relations agency, contractors, etc to secure relevant press coverage in industry leading publications.
- Build, manage, and monitor the annual marketing budget including events, technologies, continued learning, and sponsorships.
- Develop customer advocacy and referral programs, including a Bluecore Customer Advisory Board and other touchpoints to understand market needs and readiness.
- Lead all messaging efforts and maintain a current messaging platform that ensures consistency and relevance for Bluecore in the retail technology sector.
- Work in lockstep with the SVP of Sales, VP of Customer Success and Senior Director of Product Marketing to align objectives and improve sales processes including messaging, material verticalization, use case development and case studies.
- Measure key marketing metrics with an eye for continuous improvements and efficiencies.
- Develop customer and partner marketing messaging frameworks that educate, grow, and drive joint value across the Bluecore ecosystem.
- Prepare regular reports and presentations on marketing impact for the Management team and Board.
- Forecast hiring needs and recruit world-class marketing talent to build out the team.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in marketing or related discipline; MBA preferred but not required
- Minimum 10 years of marketing experience at a high growth company in a related industry
- Experience with a SaaS B2B company preferred, particularly in the Marketing technology, AI, or Data space and/or with a retail focus
- 5+ years of marketing leadership experience and experience leading a team
- Strong people leadership capabilities that inspire, manage performance and develop talent
- Proven leadership experience carrying out marketing efforts, including planning, prioritizing, and implementing defined corporate strategies that include lead generation, target market coverage, sentiment, and referenceable customers
- Experience in building brand awareness and recognition
- Strong communication skills, including press and agency relationships for PR and thought leadership distribution
- Reputable marketing leader and a highly effective and experienced public speaker
- Entrepreneurial and work well in a rapidly changing environment
- Customer-centric and can identify and meet Bluecore’s customer needs using an accessible voice that drives awareness and adoption of Bluecore products, partnerships, and services
- Experience working cross-functionally to ensure marketing programs are in line with company objectives, and socialized accordingly
- Metrics driven and have the ability to draw insight from complex marketing data and work closely with business or marketing operation teams or analysts in the past
Highly competitive compensation package including salary and equity as well as the opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing marketing technology companies.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Daily catered lunch and snacks
- 401(k) plan
- Monthly fitness reimbursement for a gym membership or fitness classes
- Monthly public transportation reimbursement
- Generous Parental Leave & flexible vacation policy
At Bluecore we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Bluecore is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.