Email Deliverability Specialist
New York City
Bluecore is a retail marketing technology company that is reimagining the way retailers communicate with shoppers. The 2019 launch of Bluecore Communicate™ introduces retailers to a fundamentally different email solution that replaces manual processes with an intelligent, AI-driven workflow. More than 400 retail brands, including Staples, Tommy Hilfiger, The North Face, TomboyX, and Bass Pro Shops, increase their marketing performance with less effort through Bluecore. Bluecore has been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Glassdoor and is ranked No. 241 on the Inc. 500 List, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.
As an Email Deliverability Specialist you will lead our customer-facing service offering in partnership with our deliverability operations team to ensure optimal deliverability for our customers’ email sends. You'll work directly with our customers to provide reporting, best practices, and recommendations to improve their email programs and get the most out of Bluecore. You'll partner with the Customer Success, Product Support, Sales, and Data Insights and Strategy Teams to develop and integrate on strategies that improve both our customers and our teams.
The perfect candidate will be an expert in everything deliverability from monitoring and alerting on inbox thresholds to having in depth knowledge on ISPs. You will be responsible in maintaining relationships with the leading ISPs and staying current with industry trends.
- Provide excellent consultative email deliverability professional services to our customers related to onboarding and mitigating email deliverability issues.
- Conduct in-depth investigations, reviews, and audits into email sending practices and provide actionable insights to improve deliverability.
- Engage with customer onboarding to review new client’s email programs and deliverability as well as monitor and adjust ramp up plans to enable a high quality customer onboarding experience that is engaged and efficient.
- Use tools to establish enterprise level deliverability reporting and provide recommendations on additional tools to improve monitoring
- Monitor delivery metrics and create plans to improve inbox placement and IP reputation.
- Reactively troubleshoot client specific deliverability issues for rapid resolution; including blacklists, spam traps and issues with ISPs.
- Provide in-depth analysis of performance quality measurements to ensure customer programs are continuously improving.
- Provide thought leadership around email via writing blogs, articles and whitepapers.
- Establish direct relationships with ISPs to keep up with industry updates and mitigate deliverability issues.
- Work closely and in full alignment with product teams to improve email reporting in the Bluecore User Interface
- 5 plus years of experience in email deliverability
- Comprehensive understanding of CAN-SPAM, CASL, GDPR and other international email regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills
- Confident experience in a customer-facing role, ideally at an ESP.
- Expertise with third-party testing and analysis tools, like Spamhaus, Email on Acid, Litmus, Return Path, 250OK, and SNDS
- Autonomous capabilities managing detailed fraud or abuse investigations with discretion and diplomacy.
- Possess an excellent professional reputation in the email deliverability community, (including industry groups like M3AAWG) as a subject matter expert.
- BA or BS in a business or technology related field from an accredited university
Highly competitive compensation package including salary and equity as well as the opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing marketing technology companies.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Daily catered lunch and snacks
- 401(k) plan
- Monthly fitness reimbursement for a gym membership or fitness classes
- Monthly public transportation reimbursement
- Generous Parental Leave & flexible vacation policy
At Bluecore we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Bluecore is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.