Junior Visual Designer
New York City
Bluecore is a retail marketing technology company that is reimagining the way retailers communicate with shoppers. The 2019 launch of Bluecore Communicate™ introduces retailers to a fundamentally different email solution that replaces manual processes with an intelligent, AI-driven workflow. More than 400 retail brands, including Staples, Tommy Hilfiger, The North Face, TomboyX, and Bass Pro Shops, increase their marketing performance with less effort through Bluecore. Bluecore has been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Glassdoor and is ranked No. 241 on the Inc. 500 List, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.
Bluecore, a fast-growing SaaS company, is looking for a full-time Junior Visual Designer to join our team. As part of our high growth and fast-paced environment your focus will be conceptualizing, designing, and executing on a variety of marketing and branding projects that encompass brand identity development, sales presentations, print collateral, event signage, web-related experiences, social assets, and more. Gone are the days of dropping things into templates. At Bluecore, you will be a key player in driving Bluecore’s creative story and brand by converting the needs of the business into compelling visual designs. The ideal candidate will be a strong visual storyteller, detail oriented, and an enthusiastic team player with a passion for design.
- Design, design, design for nearly every facet of Bluecore by creating printed and digital materials including marketing collateral, sales presentations, infographics, graphics for web, email, and social, display ads, and landing pages
- Report to, and collaborate closely with, the Senior Visual Design Manager to effectively translate Bluecore’s brand needs into striking visual design
- Support and work closely with project stakeholders across functions to create on-trend design collateral
- Explore ways to visually tell stories about Bluecore’s brand and successes by translating data, stats, and numbers into engaging graphics and presentations
- Partake in creative thinking and brainstorming sessions for development of integrated marketing campaigns and content
- Responsible for helping to drive the creative direction of Bluecore’s brand through iterations, prototyping, and defending the design team’s decisions
- Demonstrate an understanding of how visual design fits into and impacts Bluecore’s overall business metrics like new business growth, content downloads, and website performance
- Display an unquenchable thirst for discovering and experimenting with new design tools and methods
- Manage expectations, set and adhere to deadlines, and follow up on projects with a strong sense of urgency
- 2-4 years of graphic or visual design experience
- Experience designing for print, web, mobile, and social media
- Expert proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop required
- Expert proficiency in Sketch
- Experience using interactive tools (ex: Ceros) a plus
- Experience in motion graphics and After Effects is a plus
- Comfortable designing in Powerpoint and Google Slides
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and goal-driven with an “outcomes over outputs” mindset
- Ability to work efficiently on multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
- Must be a team player, unafraid to ask questions and able to collaborate across departments
- Experience working within a B2B technology company is a plus
- All candidates must submit digital design portfolio with examples of best work and demonstration of key metrics around work’s performance and distribution
- Highly competitive compensation package including salary and equity as well as the opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing marketing technology companies
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Monthly fitness reimbursement for a gym membership or fitness classes
- Monthly reimbursement for public transportation
- Generous Parental Leave & flexible vacation policy
At Bluecore we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Bluecore is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.