Software Engineer in Test
New York City
Bluecore is a Retail Performance Cloud specializing in A.I.-based workflows. Our unique ability to leverage machine learning to match customer data with real-time product and behavior enables brands to build intelligent, marketing communications and personalized campaigns in seconds vs. days. More than 400 retail brands (with 25% of the top 50 Internet Retailers), including Staples, Perry Ellis, Teleflora and Best Buy Canada, increase their performance with less effort leveraging our products. Bluecore has been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Glassdoor and is ranked No. 241 on the 37th annual Inc. 500 List, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.
Every day we ingest and process millions of events in real-time so that the underlying data can be queried for a variety of use cases. As we continue to add customers we are continuously re-evaluating our infrastructure and making it more robust and scalable.
We are looking for someone who can write reliable and efficient code to assist in increasing our test coverage for our web applications. Our culture emphasizes making good tradeoffs, working as a team, and leaving your ego at the door. As a Software Engineer in Test, you will ensure high-quality delivery of our software with a rapidly growing team of software engineers and data scientists.
- Develop and maintain automation frameworks in order to enhance our test coverage
- Build automated integration testing for our web applications
- Build and maintain test cases in a variety of frameworks, both industry-standard (eg; Selenium, Cypress) and custom-built
- Write and review test plans for new features or projects
- Optimize and collaborate on performance problems with our test suites and underlying framework
- Assist in the triage of our live test case failures
- Support and mentor developers across teams on the best way to automate testing of their software
- Be an evangelist for a testing culture within Bluecore’s engineering team
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of test development/automation experience
- Deep knowledge of test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases and debugging
- Proficiency in Python, or any other modern programming language
- Experience working with modern front-end technologies
- Knack for getting things done, whether it be independently or in a team
- Communicates well in all formats
- Highly reliable, and deeply accountable
- Highly competitive compensation package including salary and equity as well as the opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing marketing technology companies
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Monthly fitness stipend for a gym membership or fitness classes
- Monthly public transportation
- Generous Parental Leave & flexible vacation policy
At Bluecore we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Bluecore is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.