Director, Solutions Consulting
New York City
For experienced retail marketing technology pre-sales leaders, who are looking for a dynamic early-stage growth company, join our mission and embrace the e-commerce revolution!
Bluecore is an Inc. 500 marketing technology company that that empowers retailers to launch personalized marketing campaigns in 60 seconds through a single, intuitive platform. More than 400 retail brands, including Staples, GAP, Express and Best Buy Canada, use Bluecore to connect data from over 150 million products with 500 million customers, to deploy triggered communications across email, social media, search and display. All of this drives increased relevance for shoppers and increased revenue with less effort for brands.
We're looking for a talented Director of Solutions Consulting to support our sales team in accelerating sales opportunities, especially focused on product and technical expertise throughout the sales process. This Director of Solutions Consulting is tasked with developing a thorough understanding of our prospect and customers’ business and technical needs, and effectively communicating and translating those into solutions. This position is best fit for someone who enjoys presenting to technical and non-technical audiences, thrives in a cross-functional team environment, and enjoys sophisticated problem solving with a focus on driving performance for customers. This role sits formally within the Sales team however serves as liaison between multiple other functions in the organization.
- Achieve growth targets through leadership of a high-performing Solutions Consulting team. This includes defining team involvement in deal cycles, and driving recruiting, training, objective setting, coaching and performance management of Solutions Consulting team
- Develop a team that serves as the primary technical resource in the development of Bluecore’s value proposition and technical expertise during sales engagements. This includes understanding a customer’s requirements, desired outcomes and mapping them to a comprehensive solution.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to define go-to-market strategy and sales approach.
- Maintain up-to-date market expertise and continuously evolve competitive positioning.
- Serve as primary liaison between the Sales organization and Product management to prioritize and communicate new feature requests and product roadmap vision to best drive company growth and customer success.
- Continuously evolve our product demonstration to effectively showcase new and differentiated features in an effort to accelerate new business sales
- Sales enablement in the form of demo training, competitive intelligence and objection handling
- Establish a process and team capable of completing strong RFP/RFI responses as well as security and technical reviews
- Bachelor’s degree combined with a strong sales engineering technical background and work experience. You need not be an engineer but you must be a general technologist.
- 10+ years work experience in marketing technology, at least 5 years as a people-manager.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, ability to decipher a customer’s challenge and translate it to internal teams in order to implement a product or technical solution
- Strong written and presentation skills; ability to have a highly technical conversation with IT teams as well as simplify complex topics to non-technical audiences
- Experience with Data Science and/or Machine Learning is a significant plus
- Position is based in New York City
- Ability to travel up to 40%
- Highly competitive compensation package including salary and equity as well as the opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing marketing technology companies
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Monthly fitness stipend for a gym membership or fitness classes
- Monthly public transportation
- Generous Parental Leave & flexible vacation policy
At Bluecore we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Bluecore is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.