Director, Customer Strategy and Data Insights
New York City
Bluecore is a high-growth marketing technology company recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Glassdoor and ranked No. 241 on the Inc. 500 List, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. We are a Retail Performance Cloud, specializing in artificial intelligence - based workflows. Our unique ability to leverage machine learning to match customer data with real-time product and behavior enables brands to build intelligent, marketing communications and personalized campaigns in seconds vs. days. More than 400 retail brands, including Staples, Perry Ellis, Teleflora, Tommy Hilfiger and Best Buy Canada, increase their performance with less effort leveraging our products..
The Director of Customer Strategy and Data Insights for Bluecore is a leadership role responsible for helping our customers grow by leveraging the Bluecore Retail Performance Cloud platform to provide valuable customer insights and deliver strategic client engagement services, all the while fostering growth for the Customer Strategy & Data Insights team. This role sits at the intersection of customer success, marketing and data Insights; and serves as the subject matter expert and advisor to our team for advanced uses of the Bluecore platform. The Director will also assist our dynamic sales teams by creating campaigns that drive new business growth.
- As a player coach, responsible for the management of a small highly effective team of analysts. Lead the team by exceeding the targets that have been established for customer growth and retention while coaching them to reach their individual career goals.
- Improve and build processes and tools to scale the growing Customer Success organization; such as Looker, Jupyter Notebooks and Google’s Data Studio
- Serve as subject matter expert for advanced uses of the Bluecore platform including: predictive audiences in Email/Facebook/Google, data analytics, and overarching strategy to enable rapid adoption, expansion and growth.
- Drive customer adoption of platform through knowledge sharing and training for both customers and internal teams
- Identify new use-cases for the Bluecore platform, creates training collateral for use cases, and training Customer Success Managers on best practices to drive retention and growth.
- Lead onboarding of clients through Bluecore’s Jumpstart program by creating bespoke roadmaps for clients that make use of Bluecore’s advanced predictive & cross-channel features. Responsible for ideating, creating, and optimizing campaigns.
- Provide direct support to clients who have purchased Strategic Services including: managing business objectives & opportunities, managing new campaign builds from inception to execution, and auditing & optimizing current use of Bluecore platform.
- Create and assist with the sale of new products (modules) to generate additional revenue.
- Provides custom analysis and presentations to assist Account Executives & Customer Success Managers with upsell pitches for their respective clients.
- Assists Account Exec/Directors with new business pitches and presentations, as needed.
- Position located in our New Your City office.
- BS in technical fields such as Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Economics, Statistics, or Business.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of marketing and analytics experience, Retail E-commerce analytics experience strongly preferred.
- 2-5 years previous experience coaching, leading and hiring a top performing team is also required. This includes coaching individual performance, hiring, resource recruitment and bandwidth management.
- Email Service Provider (ESP) experience is a plus.
- The ability to translate quantitative data into actionable recommendations and communicate complex data concepts in ways that marketing leaders and clients will understand.
- Strategic thinker who can partner with key stakeholders to drive campaigns.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of customer and internal stakeholders
- Advanced proactive project management capabilities that drive for results from inception to execution.
- Experience supporting deal process with on demand and custom collateral and presentations.
- Experience leveraging data to optimize campaigns and inform future strategies.
- Knowledge of statistics and hypothesis testing, with model building experience a plus.
- Amazing team environment recognized by Glassdoor and other culture assessment companies. CERTIFIED, great places to work by the Great place to work Institute.
- Work with passionate, energetic, smart people solving customer problems
- Competitive compensation package including salary and comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Equity in an rapidly growing, early-stage Inc. 500 marketing technology company
- Generous Parental Leave & flexible vacation policy
- 401(k) plan
- Monthly fitness stipend for a gym membership or fitness classes
- Monthly public transportation stipend
At Bluecore we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Bluecore is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.