Account Executive (Enterprise)
Who we are:
BlueDot protects people around the world from infectious diseases using human and artificial intelligence. Our platform combines medical and public health expertise with advanced data analytics to track, contextualize, and mitigate infectious disease risks. Our global early warning system combines more than 100 datasets with proprietary algorithms to deliver critical insights on the spread of emerging and existing infectious diseases. In December 2019, we flagged an undiagnosed respiratory syndrome in Wuhan, China. In January 2020, we published the world's first scientific paper on COVID-19, accurately predicting its global spread. More than two years later, the need to better protect lives and livelihoods from infectious diseases is now as urgent for private sector leaders as it was for public officials. Our team understands the complexity of the challenge in front of us – and that the importance of solving the problem has never been greater. At BlueDot, you’ll have the opportunity to help grow a solution to a global scale.
We are a Certified B Corp, have a Glassdoor rating of 4.7, are Diversio certified, a 2020 LinkedIn Top Start-Up and have been recognized as a Top 50 Best Place to Work in Canada, Best Place to Work for Women, Best in Technology, Best for Youth, and Best Start-Up!
Our values are not just words on a wall. They are our compass, and they guide us in our work, in the decisions we make, and in how we treat each other:
- Be the Change
- Think Without Borders
- Lift Others Up
About the Role
The Account Executive (Enterprise) is a global role, with no limits on your ability to break into new enterprise segments. BlueDot has a truly unique DaaS platform and our infectious disease intelligence can be combined with a large suite of universally adopted tools to meet a wide variety of customer needs, so the ideal candidate will be excited about exercising their creativity in helping to scale the business. The AE will manage all aspects of the sales process including lead management, qualification, evaluation, close, and account hand-off to Client Success Team and will play an integral role in the success of the overall sales team.
What you will do in more detail
- Define and execute territory/account sales plans for assigned territory and then meet and exceed sales goals (quotas) through prospecting, qualifying, managing, and closing sales opportunities.
- Develop and manage sales pipeline, prospect and assess sales and move a large number of transactions simultaneously through the sales pipeline.
- Develop and execute sales campaigns in coordination with sales enablement and marketing to build top of funnel pipeline.
- Share feedback about the platform from the market and prospects with the product team
- Manage and track customer and transactional information in a CRM system (HubSpot Sales)
- Coordinate resources throughout the sales cycle, including product support and sales engineering.
- Nurture and expand the company’s relationship with customer accounts of all sizes.
- Provide regular reporting of pipeline and forecast through the CRM system.
- Keep abreast of competition, competitive issues, and products.
- Practice effective, excellent communication with management, customers, and support staff.
- Participate in team-building and company-growth activities including strategy setting, sales training, marketing efforts, and customer care.
- Travel to customer locations in support of sales efforts.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a larger team in conjunction with peers from other business units within the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you bring to BlueDot
- Experienced. 5 – 7 years of enterprise software sales experience. Minimum of 5+ years of experience selling into US or Canadian private sector – selling to Fortune 2000 accounts is considered an asset.
- Performer. Consistent overachievement of sales goals in large accounts.
- Comfortable prospecting and having conversations with C-Suite.
- You know how to educate prospects, probe prospects for their critical needs and you are comfortable managing discovery conversations with all levels of management.
- Domain. Selling healthcare/business intelligence/risk-management type solutions (APIs, DaaS, and/or SaaS) solutions to the private sector or similar background/experience is considered an asset.
- Segment. You have experience selling to pharma, enterprise risk, or similar customers. A solid network of potential prospects and partners in the territory is preferable.
- Sales Cycle Expert. You have expertise at the transactional & enterprise Level. You lead prospects and customers as opposed to reacting to customer requests. You know how to “drive a deal”.
- A master presenter. You know how the C-Suite thinks, and how to manage discovery and negotiation conversations with them.
- Excellent Communication. You know what to say and more importantly, how to say it
- Missionary. Highly driven individual with an execution focus and a strong sense of urgency and a belief in BlueDot’s mission. You can go beyond relationship management
What we offer our team
- Meaningful work that truly has a purpose
- As a smaller, agile team, we offer roles with impact
- Your contributions are integral, your voice will be heard
- A competitive comprehensive compensation package
- Outstanding health, vision, and dental benefits
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- A health and wellness spending account
- Generous vacation (4 weeks) and other PTO
- A home office setup allowance
We are working fully remotely due to COVID-19 - post-pandemic we will continue with our remote-first culture with the opportunity for a hybrid/flexible office space in downtown Toronto accessible to our team but without the requirement to work from the office.
Together let's create a healthier, safer, and more prosperous world.
For more information, visit us at: http://bluedot.global.
BlueDot recognizes that challenges remain in achieving the full participation of equity-seeking groups (including women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority/racialized groups, and members of LGBTQI2S) in tech careers and is committed to identifying and eliminating barriers that may exist within its own hiring process, programs, and practices.
BlueDot is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please let us know how we can best meet your needs and advise us of any accommodations required to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
We thank and appreciate all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please no agency calls.