Human Resources Business Partner
People & Culture /
Who we are:
BlueDot protects people around the world from infectious diseases using human and artificial intelligence. Our software-as-a-service solution combines medical and public health expertise with advanced data analytics to track, contextualize, and mitigate infectious disease risks. Our global early warning system combines more than 100 datasets with proprietary algorithms to deliver critical insights on the spread of infectious diseases. In December 2019, we flagged an undiagnosed respiratory syndrome in Wuhan, China. In January 2020, we published the world's first scientific paper on COVID-19, accurately predicting its global spread. Our team understands the complexity of the challenge in front of us – and that the urgency to solve the problem has never been greater.
We are a Certified B Corp, have a Glassdoor rating of 4.7, are Diversio certified, a 2020 LinkedIn Top Start-Up and have been recognized as a Top 50 Best Place to Work in Canada, Best Place to Work for Women, Best in Technology, Best for Youth, and Best Start-Up!
Driven by a Purpose Bigger than Ourselves:
United by a common purpose to create a healthier, safer, and more secure world, free from the impacts of dangerous infectious diseases, we understand the complexity of the challenge in front of us, and that it is so much bigger than any one of us. Together, we are motivated to positively impact lives around the world, to do no harm, and to elevate each other through respect and encouragement. Building careers through collaborative discovery and learning, our people tackle complex challenges with diverse expertise not assembled elsewhere. We promote personal fulfillment in the workplace by removing barriers, politics, and exclusion, believing in the philosophy that by creating a positive environment we all have the opportunity to do the most meaningful work of our lives.
Our values are not just words on a wall. They are our compass, and they guide us in our work, in the decisions we make, and in how we treat each other:
- Be the Change
- Think Without Borders
- Lift Others Up
What you will do in more detail:
- Drive implementation, communication, and adoption of all HR programs and initiatives to create the ideal BlueDotter experience
- Leverage various HR tools to provide analysis and insights to the leadership teams to inform decisions
- Apply deep understanding of employment law to while exercising good judgement to effectively resolve employee relations issues
- Help design and implement Total Rewards programs and partner with leaders on salary reviews, job, and competency mapping
- Continually improve our organizational commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Develop employment branding strategy to establish BlueDot as a brand name in technology
- Manage internal communications, writing and editing copy, preparing and managing organizational presentations
- Foster an engaging and inclusive culture and work environment
What you bring to BlueDot:
- 5+ years of progressive HR experience, with at least 2 years as an HRBP, in a fast-paced, high performing organization. Experience in a high-growth technology organization is preferred
- Skilled at identifying and assessing current organizational capabilities: building what's required, shaping and supporting culture, and aligning organizational programs to reinforce a world-class work environment
- Able to produce new ideas, approaches or insights; creates innovative solutions to problems
- Excellent organizational skills; managing and prioritizing multiple projects and tasks on an ongoing basis
- Interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills with the ability to influence and partner across all levels of the organization
- You are capable of being flexible and nimble within a changing organization
- You have strong working knowledge of Canadian employment law
What we offer our team:
- Meaningful work that truly has purpose
- As a smaller, agile team, we offer roles with impact
- Your contributions are integral, your voice will be heard
- A competitive comprehensive compensation package
- Outstanding health, vision and dental benefits
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- A health and wellness spending account
- Generous vacation and other PTO
- A home office setup allowance
We are working fully remotely due to COVID-19 - post-pandemic we will continue with our remote-first culture with the opportunity for a hybrid/flexible office space in downtown Toronto accessible to our team but without the requirement to work from the office.
Together let's create a healthier, safer, and more prosperous world.
For more information, visit us at: http://bluedot.global.
BlueDot recognizes that challenges remain in achieving the full participation of equity-seeking groups (including women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority/racialized groups, and members of LGBTQI2S) in tech careers and is committed to identifying and eliminating barriers that may exist within its own hiring process, programs, and practices.
BlueDot is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please let us know how we can best meet your needs and advise us of any accommodations required to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
We thank and appreciate all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please no agency calls.