Hardware Design Engineer
Columbia, MD /
Recruiting – Hardware Engineering /
Innovate, Break, Build and Teach!! BlueHalo is in search of a dynamic Hardware Design Engineer for one of our Prime contracts. The Hardware engineer designs new products and processes and improving and maintaining existing products. The successful candidate will also be assisting with designing new products and processes and improving and maintaining existing products.
· Communicate with the other engineering personnel to coordinate the interrelated design and assure project completion
· Conduct design analysis on components and/or assemblies to assist in the development process by ensuring designs are cost efficient, able to be manufactured, and reliable
· Apply ASIC or FPGA Place and Route (P&R) tools with various libraries to create physical implementations of designs
· Develop and maintain documentation for the P&R design flows
· Work with tool and library vendors to develop solutions for designers’ P&R design challenges
Be the most trusted, mission-enabling provider of technology and engineering protecting our way of life.
- TS/SCI w/Poly
- VHDL RTL Coding (for design and/or analysis of digital circuits)
- FPGA Design, synthesis, P&R tools (ex Vivado, Quartus)
- Verilog/System Verilog test bench development
- Design simulation tools (Mentor, Cadence, Synopsys - 1 or more)
- Strong oral/written communication
- Linux/Windows OS
- Verilog RTL Coding
- Strong C/C++, Python, Perl or scripting
- ASIC/FPGA front-end design and architecture of cryptographic systems
- Use of soft/hard IP cores in FPGAs/ASICs (ex Zynq or Microblaze or RISC processors, memories, flash/NVM)
- ASIC implementation methods/tools (synthesis, physical layout - Cadence/Synopsys)
- Formal verification tools
- Knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing processes
- Reverse Engineering of digital designs from one or more levels of abstraction (ex from images of deprocessed hardware, GDS2 data, netlists, etc.)
BlueHalo is leading the transformation of modern warfare by inspiring engineering to develop, transition, and field next-generation capabilities to solve the most complex challenges of our customers' most critical missions. We are an end-to-end lifecycle partner, purpose-built to make weapon systems more effective, cyberspace safer, and national security more certain. We provide industry-leading capabilities in Space Superiority, Directed Energy, Air and Missile Defense and Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR), and Cyber and Intelligence mission solutions.
The BlueHalo effect speaks to who we are as a company, a global protective ring that shields everything we most want to safeguard, an unbroken line that ensures our customers retain the advantage in any battlespace, from high above the Earth to deep in cyberspace. It's who are, a halo, a protector, the light of inspired engineering keeping our Nation safe. Our vision is a world where national security is certain because technical superiority is assured.
BlueHalo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Hardware Design Engineer
This position is part of the heritage Base2 Engineering Business sector and will have benefits that correlate with this business sector.