RF Engineer (Circuit Design)
Annapolis Junction /
Recruiting – Hardware Engineering /
BlueHalo, has exciting opportunities on our prime contracts to Make the Mission Happen.
We are looking for a RF design engineer to join our multi disciplinary engineering team working on advanced concepts, prototypes, and operational prototypes for various communications, sensor, and other electromagnetic systems and components. The RF engineer provides technical expertise in system solutions for a small team in a rapid design, development, integration, and deployment cycle.
Be the most trusted, mission-enabling provider of technology and engineering protecting our way of life.
- BSEE (or related) plus a minimum of 5+ years applicable experience
- Schematic capture and board layout of RF circuits using Altium Designer
- Working knowledge of RF board fabrication and manufacturability design guidelines
- Hands-on experience with wireless test and measurement equipment including network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, power meters, and oscilloscopes
- Knowledge of and familiarity with commercially available RF components, including filers, oscillators, amplifiers, switches, mixers, limiters, switches, and software-defined-radios (SDRs)
- Enthusiastic self-starter who can tackle engineering challenges using out-of-the-box thinking
- Not afraid to ask questions, or challenge design decisions to improve overall design and outcome of projects and tasks
- Works well with teams, and possesses good written and oral communications skill
- Clearance: TS/SCI w/Poly
Desired Skills and Knowledge:
- Microwave antenna concept development and design, prototyping and fabrication, evaluation and measurement, for enclosures with challenging space constraints and project requirements
- Familiarity with telecommunications standards, physical and protocol layers of wireless systems, including cellular (GSM, WCDMA and LTE), WLAN and Bluetooth, low power WPAN (Zigbee, LoRa, 802.15.4), SATCOM (GPS, Iridium, other LEO/MEO)
- EMI/EMC in telecommunications and consumer electronics, co-site RF interference (RFI), interference detection and mitigation with pre-existing radiators
- RF propagation and link budgeting in urban and indoor environments
- Specialized experience in low-SWaP, low-bitrate embedded RF systems
- Modeling, simulation, and synthesis for circuit- and board-level issues using 2.5D or 3D field solvers (e.g. ADS, CST, AWR, HFSS, HyperLynx, etc.)
BlueHalo is leading the transformation of modern warfare by inspiring engineering to develop, transition, and field next-generation capabilities to solve the most complex challenges of our customers' most critical missions. We are an end-to-end lifecycle partner, purpose-built to make weapon systems more effective, cyberspace safer, and national security more certain. We provide industry-leading capabilities in Space Superiority, Directed Energy, Air and Missile Defense and Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR), and Cyber and Intelligence mission solutions.
The BlueHalo effect speaks to who we are as a company, a global protective ring that shields everything we most want to safeguard, an unbroken line that ensures our customers retain the advantage in any battlespace, from high above the Earth to deep in cyberspace. It's who are, a halo, a protector, the light of inspired engineering keeping our Nation safe. Our vision is a world where national security is certain because technical superiority is assured.
BlueHalo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
RF Engineer (Circuit Design)
This position is part of the heritage Base2 Engineering Business sector and will have benefits that correlate with this business sector.