PCB Assembly Engineer
Chantilly, VA /
Recruiting – Hardware Engineering /
Innovate, Break, Build, and Teach!! BlueHalo is looking for talented PCB Assembly Engineers. This position supports the engineering team on advanced concepts, prototypes, and operational prototypes for various communications, sensor and other electromagnetic systems and components. The employee will provide assistance with the development of concepts and requirements for future systems, and in the design of innovative tools and methods to improve all aspects of systems integration and component testing.
The candidate will be responsible for directly and indirectly managing personnel and tasks including manual and machine-enabled printed circuit board (PCB) assembly, fabrication and design. The candidate must also have knowledge of PCB manufacturing and assembly equipment, assembly components and assembly processes including fluids, gases, and materials management and storage.
Be the most trusted, mission-enabling provider of technology and engineering protecting our way of life.
- Manage personnel, project objectives, and project schedules for PCB design, fabrication and assembly
- Design and develop customized PCB engineering solutions to unique, complex Customer requirements
- Lead team in creating PCB design and fabrication, managing associated component files
- Lead team in maintaining a safe operating environment in the shop and work closely with the safety officer to adhere to OSHA and EPA regulations
- Lead and manage the development and direction for associated officer training courses
- Communicate and interface with internal and external procurement vendors to define specific components required and the associated timelines
- CONUS and OCONUS travel may be required 5% of the time
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical engineering or equivalent and 4 years of relevant experience. Work experience can be used in lieu of degree/combined with education
- Experience managing manual and machine-enabled printed circuit board assembly
- Demonstrated experience leading teams including strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience solving complex problems with PCB design and manufacturing
- Demonstrated experience with manual PCB assembly
- Demonstrated experience operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting PCB fabrication and assembly equipment (Essemtec or Micronics), software and supplies
- Demonstrated experience interpreting schematics, assembling PCBs and components using industry best practices, soldering and performing 100% quality inspections of final assemblies
- Demonstrated experience performing x-ray inspection of all reflowed and reworked boards
- Demonstrated ability to assist and train engineers on new designs, PCB layouts, providing assembly insight, and with PCB assembly equipment and tooling
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, adapt quickly to changing requirements
- An active TS/SCI with a polygraph is required is order to be considered for this position
- Demonstrated ability to maintain IPC certifications
- Demonstrated experience in project management
BlueHalo is leading the transformation of modern warfare by inspiring engineering to develop, transition, and field next-generation capabilities to solve the most complex challenges of our customers' most critical missions. We are an end-to-end lifecycle partner, purpose-built to make weapon systems more effective, cyberspace safer, and national security more certain. We provide industry-leading capabilities in Space Superiority, Directed Energy, Air and Missile Defense and Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR), and Cyber and Intelligence mission solutions.
The BlueHalo effect speaks to who we are as a company, a global protective ring that shields everything we most want to safeguard, an unbroken line that ensures our customers retain the advantage in any battlespace, from high above the Earth to deep in cyberspace. It's who are, a halo, a protector, the light of inspired engineering keeping our Nation safe. Our vision is a world where national security is certain because technical superiority is assured.
BlueHalo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
PCB Assembly Engineer
This position is part of the heritage Base2 Engineering Business sector and will have benefits that correlate with this business sector.