Network Security Engineer
Columbia, MD /
Recruiting – Cyber Analytics /
Innovate, Break, Build, and Teach!! Can you evaluate operating systems, network protocols, configurations, and architectures to initiate discovery and analysis of high-value targets? Join a team proficient in analyzing complex data and telecommunications networks, both logical and physical topologies in support of Computer Network Operations. Grow with our team of analysts working with and analyzing modern telecommunications networks and messaging sequences related to IP and voice communications. At BlueHalo, you will embark on a journey of exciting, impactful & highly technical work with good people that treat you like family.
Be the most trusted, mission-enabling provider of technology and engineering protecting our way of life.
As an ideal candidate, you will have the following skills:
- Working knowledge of Windows/Unix systems administration and security vulnerabilities
- Deep knowledge of TCP/IP and related data network protocols: knowledge of standard network protocols like TCP, ARP, ICMP, DHCP, HTTP, SNMP etc., and advanced features like IPSEC and IPv6 related protocols and accompanying protocol analysis tools (Wireshark, TCPDump, etc)
- Deep knowledge studying and analyzing converged network technologies
- Working knowledge of modern communications networks and protocols (GSM, SS7, UMTS, MPLS, VPNs, VOIP, etc)
- Understanding of network administration of Routers, Firewalls and Switching technology
- Understanding of and the ability to perform penetration testing
- Incident response, intrusion analysis, proactive defense a plus
- TS/SCI with a Polygraph
- Looking for junior, mid, senior level analysts
Desired, but not required:
- Development experience using Python, Ruby, Perl, C, or C++
- Incident response, intrusion analysis, proactive defense
- Forensics experience
- Intrusion Analyst experience
- Penetration Testing experience
- Operator experience
- Rewarding your hard work: Referrals, sign on, profit sharing, quarterly awards… need we go on
- Generous training budget: Designed by you.
- PTO that has your back: For the families and the unbounded adventures, from furloughs to inclement weather, we are there.
- Top-notch health care and 401k package: If these drive you, this is your stop.
- Something always going on: Team lunches, happy hours, fantasy leagues, game nights, homebrew competitions and monthly family events.
- We support innovation: Got an idea? Want to learn something new? Whatever it is we will help see it through.
BlueHalo is leading the transformation of modern warfare by inspiring engineering to develop, transition, and field next-generation capabilities to solve the most complex challenges of our customers' most critical missions. We are an end-to-end lifecycle partner, purpose-built to make weapon systems more effective, cyberspace safer, and national security more certain. We provide industry-leading capabilities in Space Superiority, Directed Energy, Air and Missile Defense and Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR), and Cyber and Intelligence mission solutions.
The BlueHalo effect speaks to who we are as a company, a global protective ring that shields everything we most want to safeguard, an unbroken line that ensures our customers retain the advantage in any battlespace, from high above the Earth to deep in cyberspace. It's who are, a halo, a protector, the light of inspired engineering keeping our Nation safe. Our vision is a world where national security is certain because technical superiority is assured.
BlueHalo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Network Security Engineer
This position is part of the heritage Fortego Business sector and will have benefits that correlate with this business sector.