Senior Data Scientist
Columbia, MD /
Recruiting – Cyber Analytics /
Innovate, Break, Build, and Teach!! BlueHalo is seeking an innovative Sr. Data Scientist. You will be part of a talented agile team, developing next-generation tradecraft to meet the mission's most pressing cybersecurity needs. Responsibilities include collaborating with mission stakeholders and other technical team members, developing and documenting analytical tradecraft, recommending technical implementation paths for identified tradecraft, recommending visualization techniques for complex result sets, and prototyping and analysis-of-alternatives (AoA) to aide technical leaders in their decision making.
Be the most trusted, mission-enabling provider of technology and engineering protecting our way of life.
- Produce data visualizations that provide insight into dataset structure and meaning
- Work with subject matters experts (SMEs) to identify important information in raw data and develop scripts that extract this information from a variety of data formats (e.g., SQL tables, structured metadata, network logs)
- Incorporate SME input into feature vectors suitable for analytic development and testing
- Translate customer qualitative analysis process and goals into quantitative formulations that are coded into software prototypes
- Develop and implement statistical, machine learning, and heuristic techniques to create descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics
- Develop statistical tests to make data-driven recommendations and decisions
- Develop experiments to collect data or models to simulate data when required data are unavailable
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, mathematics, operations research, engineering or computer science). Ten years of experience analyzing datasets and developing analytics, and ten years of experience programming with data analysis software such as R, Python, SAS, or MATLAB.
- An additional two years of experience in software development, cloud development, analyzing datasets, or developing descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics can be substituted for a Master's degree.
- A PhD from an accredited college or university in a quantitative discipline can be substituted for four years of experience.
BlueHalo is leading the transformation of modern warfare by inspiring engineering to develop, transition, and field next-generation capabilities to solve the most complex challenges of our customers' most critical missions. We are an end-to-end lifecycle partner, purpose-built to make weapon systems more effective, cyberspace safer, and national security more certain. We provide industry-leading capabilities in Space Superiority, Directed Energy, Air and Missile Defense and Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR), and Cyber and Intelligence mission solutions.
The BlueHalo effect speaks to who we are as a company, a global protective ring that shields everything we most want to safeguard, an unbroken line that ensures our customers retain the advantage in any battlespace, from high above the Earth to deep in cyberspace. It's who are, a halo, a protector, the light of inspired engineering keeping our Nation safe. Our vision is a world where national security is certain because technical superiority is assured.
BlueHalo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sr. Data Scientist
This position is part of the heritage Base2 Engineering Business sector and will have benefits that correlate with this business sector.