Columbia, MD /
Recruiting – Cyber Analytics /
Innovate, Break, Build and Teach!! Lead, collaborate and join integrated teams that apply advanced methods, theories, and research techniques in the investigation and solution development of complex data analysis problems. As a data scientist, you will help teams’ advance complex analysis, design, development, and testing of scalable end-to-end data pipelines from prototype to production, that include data analysis, visualization, and machine learning. At BlueHalo, you will embark on a journey of exciting, impactful & highly technical work with good people that treat you like family.
Be the most trusted, mission-enabling provider of technology and development protecting our way of life.
We are looking for junior, mid-level or senior-level data scientists with the following:
- Demonstrated software development experience with Python in a Unix environment.
- Practical knowledge in Python Machine Learning and Data Visualization
- Practical knowledge in Data ETL such as working with: Data loading from SQL, CSV, JSON, Excel, etc., Web scraping (Beautiful Soup, Scrapy, etc.) and Data Wrangling/Cleaning
- Experience using the Unix command line.
- Proficiency in statistical packages using any of the following: Python, R, STATA, SPSS, etc.
- TS/SCI w/Poly
Candidate may have some practical knowledge in these skill sets (not required, but helpful):
- Using the Atlassian Tool Suite.
- Continuous integration /continuous delivery (CI/CD)
- Working knowledge with other object-oriented programming languages such as Java or C++
- Working knowledge with Front-end data visualization libraries (i.e., D3.js; Raphael.js, etc.)
- Experience with development of any of the following; Hadoop, Pig, MapReduce, or HDFS
- TS/SCI with a Polygraph
- Looking for junior, mid and senior-level data scientists
- Rewarding your hard work: Referrals, sign on, profit sharing, quarterly awards… need we go on?
- Generous training budget: Designed by you.
- PTO that has your back: For the families and the unbounded adventures, from furloughs to inclement weather, we are there.
- Top notch health care and 401k package: If these drive you, this is your stop.
- Something always going on: Team lunches, happy hours, fantasy leagues, game nights, homebrew competitions and monthly family events.
- We support innovation: Got an idea? Want to learn something new? Whatever it is we will help see it through.
BlueHalo is leading the transformation of modern warfare by inspiring engineering to develop, transition, and field next-generation capabilities to solve the most complex challenges of our customers' most critical missions. We are an end-to-end lifecycle partner, purpose-built to make weapon systems more effective, cyberspace safer, and national security more certain. We provide industry-leading capabilities in Space Superiority, Directed Energy, Air and Missile Defense and Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR), and Cyber and Intelligence mission solutions.
The BlueHalo effect speaks to who we are as a company, a global protective ring that shields everything we most want to safeguard, an unbroken line that ensures our customers retain the advantage in any battlespace, from high above the Earth to deep in cyberspace. It's who are, a halo, a protector, the light of inspired engineering keeping our Nation safe. Our vision is a world where national security is certain because technical superiority is assured.
BlueHalo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is part of the heritage Fortego Business sector and will have benefits that correlate with this business sector.