Columbia, MD /
Recruiting – Cyber Analytics /
Innovate, Break, Build and Teach!! If hunting down bad guys, identifying anomalies and understanding malicious software, is what you love to do, then we want you to join our team. On this team you will work on advanced persistent threats in the cyber realm and perform in-depth technical analysis of the intruder. You will determine what the intruder did or attempted to do, where they came from, how they got in, their motivation, and anything else that can be learned from analyzing the intrusion data. At BlueHalo, you will embark on a journey of exciting, impactful & highly technical work with good people that treat you like family.
Be the most trusted, mission-enabling provider of technology and analytics protecting our way of life.
As an ideal candidate, you will have the following skills:
- Deep knowledge of network protocols and packet inspection (TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, IPV6, HTTP, FTP…, etc) along with accompanying tools (wireshark) to identify anomalies.
- Strong understanding of how malicious software works (Trojans, Rootkis…, etc) to include infection vector, characteristics and behaviors.
- Performing cyber activity tracking such as conducting network reconnaissance to detect the presence of unexpected behavior, identifying anomalous activity, identifying and categorizing advanced persistent threats. For example, BotNet, Man in the Middle, Crimeware, Session Hijack, SQL Injection, or Phishing (spear or other).
- Performance of incident response and/or intrusion analysis to provide defensive measures and countermeasures.
- TS/SCI with a Polygraph
- Looking for junior, mid, senior level analysts
Desired, but not required:
- Network security evaluations and Penetration testing
- Development experience (Python, Ruby, C, C++)
- Malware Analysis experience (Behavioral and/or Static analysis-IDA Pro, Cuckoo)
- Training in SANS, GCIA, or GCIH
- Rewarding your hard work: Referrals, sign on, profit sharing, quarterly awards… need we go on?
- Generous training budget: Designed by you.
- PTO that has your back: For the families and the unbounded adventures, from furloughs to inclement weather, we are there.
- Top-notch health care and 401k package: If these drive you, this is your stop.
- Something always going on: Team lunches, happy hours, fantasy leagues, game nights, homebrew competitions and monthly family events.
- We support innovation: Got an idea? Want to learn something new? Whatever it is we will help see it through.
BlueHalo is leading the transformation of modern warfare by inspiring engineering to develop, transition, and field next-generation capabilities to solve the most complex challenges of our customers' most critical missions. We are an end-to-end lifecycle partner, purpose-built to make weapon systems more effective, cyberspace safer, and national security more certain. We provide industry-leading capabilities in Space Superiority, Directed Energy, Air and Missile Defense and Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR), and Cyber and Intelligence mission solutions.
The BlueHalo effect speaks to who we are as a company, a global protective ring that shields everything we most want to safeguard, an unbroken line that ensures our customers retain the advantage in any battlespace, from high above the Earth to deep in cyberspace. It's who are, a halo, a protector, the light of inspired engineering keeping our Nation safe. Our vision is a world where national security is certain because technical superiority is assured.
BlueHalo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is part of the heritage Fortego Business sector and will have benefits that correlate with this business sector.