Who You Are…
You are a passionate engineer, and you want to make a difference. You want to work at an organization where the people care about what they are doing and work hard to achieve it.
As part of the engineering team at BlueLabs, you’ll...
- Design. We’re working on some challenging engineering problems, and our engineers are driving the process of solving those problems. You'll need to understand the problem and define it. Your own expertise and experience will help us design the solution we need.
- Collaborate. Every project benefits from diverse viewpoints from the very beginning, and so you’ll work closely with our analysts and data scientists and with our clients to develop the technology that empowers them to drive change.
- Explore. Technology—especially around data and analytics—is moving fast, and we need to stay nimble. That means trying new things. They won’t always be the final solutions, but they’re an important part of the path to getting there.
- Create. Ultimately, we’re looking for you not just to write code—but to create apps, systems, and solutions that are challenging and exciting.
As a Software Engineer at BlueLabs:
- You will help lay the foundation for an exciting new approach to analytics
- You will help architect and implement the tools and infrastructure that are behind the day-to-day work of our analysts and many others
- You will work with our analysts to create sophisticated tools and engines to acquire, transform, analyze, and present data to solve real customer problems
- And sometimes you will get your hands dirty working on those problems directly as part of a cross-disciplinary analytics team working with a client
Technically, You Should…
- Know your way around a SQL database
- Be proficient in a few languages – and are excited to dive into new ones (expect to see at least Ruby, Python, Scala and Java around here)
- Love to learn about new technologies
- Get excited about data, visualization, analytics or just plain problem solving
You will stand out as a candidate if you have...
- Experience with functional programming in Scala (which we use), Clojure, Haskell, or another language
- Built complex SQL pipelines (with analytic functions, nested queries, and more), especially with an MPP SQL database systems, such as Amazon Redshift or HP Vertica
- Designed data visualizations using libraries like D3
- Experience deploying applications in an AWS environment using automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet, and cluster management/orchestration software like Mesos, Docker, and Zookeeper.
- Experience building distributed data processing systems using tools like Spark, Kafka, Storm, or Hadoop
- Demonstrated interest in using data and technology to advance social good in areas like health, education or civic engagement
At BlueLabs, we're more than just a team of innovators - we're a family. We're looking for mission-driven individuals, who are willing to invest, collaborate, and engage at high levels, to make our team and the world a better place. We welcome diverse, out-of-the-box thinking, and we strive to provide an ecosystem for innovation and development. If you want more information about who we are as a team, check out our Blog, Facebook Page, Twitter, or Instagram.
BlueLabs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.