Who You Are:
You are a passionate engineer, and you want to make a difference. You want to work at an organization where the people care about what they are doing and work hard to achieve it.
We’re not building a team for a day - this is a project for the long haul. More than anything else, we’re looking for people who love to create, are honest about what they know, fascinated by what they don’t, excited by our mission, and relish the opportunity to work with people who value the same.
As part of the engineering team at BlueLabs, you’ll...
- Design. We’re working on some challenging engineering problems, and our engineers are driving the process of solving those problems. You'll need to understand the problem and define it. Your own expertise and experience will help us design the solution we need.
- Collaborate. Every project benefits from diverse viewpoints from the very beginning, and so you’ll work closely with our analysts and data scientists and with our clients to develop the technology that empowers them to drive change.
- Explore. Technology—especially around data and analytics—is moving fast, and we need to stay nimble. That means trying new things. They won’t always be the final solutions, but they’re an important part of the path to getting there.
- Create. Ultimately, we’re looking for you not just to write code—but to create apps, systems, and solutions that are challenging and exciting.
As a DevOps Engineer at BlueLabs, you'll...
- Ensure the reliability, security, and performance of a suite of our SaaS stack
- Develop deployment solutions for the applications that power the day-to-day work of our analysts and clients
- Take our infrastructure automation to the next level
- Manage our central logging, monitoring, continuous integration and more
Technically, you should...
- Enjoy automating tasks that make sense to automate
- Know techniques for keeping systems available and providing visibility when they're not
- Have performed nontrivial deployments of web applications, data pipelines, etc
- Have a good grasp of Linux systems, networking and security
- Be familiar with cloud infrastructure, especially AWS
We'll get extra excited if you have...
- Expertise with configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- Experience with containerization, specifically Docker
- Experience automating cloud infrastructure with tools like CloudFormation
- Familiarity with cluster management/orchestration software like Mesos, Zookeeper, Spark and Kafka
- Demonstrated interest in using data and technology to advance social good in areas like health, education or civic engagement
At BlueLabs, we're more than just a team of innovators - we're a family. We're looking for mission-driven individuals, who are willing to invest, collaborate, and engage at high levels, to make our team and the world a better place. We welcome diverse, out-of-the-box thinking, and we strive to provide an ecosystem for innovation and development. If you want more information about who we are as a team, check out our Blog, Facebook Page, Twitter, or Instagram.
BlueLabs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.