Based in Washington D.C, BlueLabs was formed in early 2013 by senior members of the Obama for America analytics team. We help organizations personalize their engagements with individuals, optimize communications, and achieve their strategic goals. Our team includes more than 40 data scientists, engineers, and strategists from diverse backgrounds who share a passion for using data to solve the world’s greatest social and analytical challenges. Through our work, we’ve directly and measurably improved the health and financial security of millions of Americans.
Since 2013, we’ve served more than 300 organizations, run more than 1,000 randomized experiments, built hundreds of models, generated over 6 billion touch points, reached virtually every contactable person in the United States, and driven significant improvements in some of the highest-profile private sector, advocacy, and government programs around the world. Along the way, we’ve developed some of the most innovative tools available in media optimization, reporting, and influencer outreach.
Our clients range from political campaigns to advocacy groups, unions, government agencies, and international groups, as well as global companies in the automotive, travel, consumer packaged goods, entertainment, healthcare, media, telecom, and other industries.
Data Analysts are instrumental members of BlueLabs Data Science and engagement teams. They gain exposure to all parts of our process, from collecting and organizing data, to analyzing trends and predicting outcomes, and working with clients to understand how these insights can be used to improve program efficiency. Data analysts are able to work both as part of a team and independently, completing projects in a fast-paced environment, error-free, and on short deadlines. You will receive strong mentorship from senior members of the BlueLabs Data Science and Engagement teams, and also be given a chance to complete projects independently. BlueLabs Analysts have the opportunity to develop into the Data Science or Engagement tracks within BlueLabs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes data, as well as contributes to the design, implementation, and delivery of analytics products and services
- Builds predictive models, tools, and data visualizations. Checks data and modeling results for quality and cleans, transforms, aggregates, and reports on data as needed
- Strives to support team excellence by documenting processes and evangelizing new approaches
You probably have...
- An undergraduate degree in a quantitative field
- Conceptual understanding of foundations of statistics and modeling (distributions, parameter estimation, confidence intervals and tests, etc.)
- Proficient understanding of a statistical programming language such as R, Python, or Julia
- The ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience, both in writing and verbally
You may also have...
- The ability to manipulate data with SQL
- Experience building predictive models using regression and machine learning techniques
- Knowledge of experimental design and causal inference
- Experience with GIS
- Experience creating informative and engaging data visualizations using industry leading tools
- The ability to create user interfaces for new products using frameworks such as Shiny or Django
At BlueLabs, we're more than just a team of innovators - we're a family. We're looking for mission-driven individuals, who are willing to invest, collaborate, and engage at high levels, to make our team and the world a better place. We welcome diverse, out-of-the-box thinking, and we strive to provide an ecosystem for innovation and development. If you want more information about who we are as a team, check out our Blog, Facebook Page, Twitter, or Instagram.
BlueLabs believes a diverse, inclusive staff makes us a stronger team and more impactful partner for our clients. We’re committed to a diverse team, and qualified people of all races, ethnicities, cultures, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, languages, social class, marital status, religions, veterans status, and disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.