Data Analysts are instrumental members of BlueLabs Data Science and engagement teams. They gain exposure to all parts of our process, from collecting and organizing data, to analyzing trends and predicting outcomes, and working with clients to understand how these insights can be used to improve program efficiency. Data analysts are able to work both as part of a team and independently, completing projects in a fast-paced environment, error-free, and on short deadlines. You will receive strong mentorship from senior members of the BlueLabs Data Science and Engagement teams, and also be given a chance to complete projects independently. BlueLabs Analysts have the opportunity to develop into the Data Science or Engagement tracks within BlueLabs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes data, as well as contributes to the design, implementation, and delivery of analytics products and services
- Builds predictive models, tools, and data visualizations. Checks data and modeling results for quality and cleans, transforms, aggregates, and reports on data as needed
- Strives to support team excellence by documenting processes and evangelizing new approaches
You probably have...
- An undergraduate degree in a quantitative field
- Conceptual understanding of foundations of statistics and modeling (distributions, parameter estimation, confidence intervals and tests, etc.)
- Proficient understanding of a statistical programming language such as R, Python, or Julia
- The ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience, both in writing and verbally
You may also have...
- The ability to manipulate data with SQL
- Experience building predictive models using regression and machine learning techniques
- Knowledge of experimental design and causal inference
- Experience with GIS
- Experience creating informative and engaging data visualizations using industry leading tools
- The ability to create user interfaces for new products using frameworks such as Shiny or Django
At BlueLabs, we're more than just a team of innovators - we're a family. We're looking for mission-driven individuals, who are willing to invest, collaborate, and engage at high levels, to make our team and the world a better place. We welcome diverse, out-of-the-box thinking, and we strive to provide an ecosystem for innovation and development. If you want more information about who we are as a team, check out our Blog, Facebook Page, Twitter, or Instagram.
BlueLabs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.