Data Analyst - Healthcare
The Team and Project:
The BlueLabs Government Analytics practice is at the forefront of revolutionizing the ways that citizens use and learn about government services. Our team specializes in creating personalized nudges that empower people with the information they need to take action and make informed choices. We work closely with internal government innovation groups, and build on the analytics methodology pioneered in e-commerce, advocacy, politics, and consumer finance.
You will work on a fast-paced, impact-driven project team that is charged with reinventing the ways that seniors interact with and receive information about Medicare, with a particular focus on creating an intuitive and proactively engaging digital experience for the next 20 million Americans who will enroll. We know this is a big task with many facets, and we embrace nuance, inclusivity, and complexity to deliver programs that work for the diverse groups of individuals who rely on us.
Who you are...
- You are passionate about using data-driven solutions to improve social outcomes, and bring a multidisciplinary approach to doing so.
- You're excited that one day you may be identifying individuals who'd benefit from a diabetes prevention program, another day you'll be helping people displaced by a disaster find specialist care in their new location, and another you'll be improving the ways that consumers predict out-of-pocket costs.
- You’re not afraid of messy data --and yet you also pull the emergency stop when something looks or feels wrong.
- We’re not building a team for a day—this is a project for the long haul. More than anything else, we’re looking for people who are excited by our mission, love to create, are honest about what they know, fascinated by what they don’t, and relish the opportunity to work with people who value the same.
Your Role at BlueLabs:
- Develop repeatable data transformations, integrating data from dozens of disparate data sources, to create a clear, unified view of 62+ million Medicare beneficiaries.
- Analyze healthcare claims datasets to find novel insights -- and then communicate those in a way that moves the needle on people’s health outcomes.
- Analyze data about how individuals use digital tools in order to make services more intuitive and engaging, and the outreach around them more relevant and effective.
- Check, clean and transform incoming data for data pipelines and outreach (email, SMS, etc) campaigns.
- Collaborate with engineers, data scientists, program managers and external stakeholders to troubleshoot problems and proactively create solutions.
- Strive to support team excellence by developing high quality documentation.
- Work both independently and as part of a team to deliver accurate products on short deadlines.
You probably have…
- Proficient understanding of how to manipulate data with SQL.
- Experience creating complex, repeatable data pipelines that operate on millions or billions of records
- Proficiency in one or more general or statistical programming languages such as Python, Ruby or R – and/or interest learning new ones.
- Experience going from insight to impact: Using the results of your analysis to tell a story through visualization, presentation, and writing.
- 2+ years of work experience working with data about people.
You may have…
- Experience working with healthcare data -- claims or EHR data.
- Experience working on a high volume, targeted outreach campaign in government, e-commerce, consumer finance, a political campaign or similar organization.
- An undergraduate degree in a quantitative field or equivalent technical training.
- Experience creating informative and engaging data visualizations.
We know that the best candidate may not fit neatly into the boxes we define here, so if this sounds like a place you want to work, even if you’re not confident you perfectly match our posting, we still encourage you to apply! We welcome diverse, out-of-the-box thinking, and we strive to provide an ecosystem for innovation and development. If you want more information about who we are as a team, check out our Facebook page, Twitter, or Instagram.
BlueLabs was formed in early 2013 by senior members of the Obama for America analytics team. We help organizations personalize their engagements with individuals, optimize communications, and achieve their strategic goals. Our team includes more than 40 data scientists, engineers, and strategists from diverse backgrounds who share a passion for using data to solve the world’s greatest social and analytical challenges. Through our work, we’ve directly and measurably improved the health and financial security of millions of Americans.
Since 2013, we’ve served more than 300 organizations, run more than 1,000 randomized experiments, built hundreds of models, generated over 6 billion touch points, reached virtually every contactable person in the United States, and driven significant improvements in some of the highest-profile private sector, advocacy, and government programs around the world. Along the way, we’ve developed some of the most innovative tools available in media optimization, reporting, and influencer outreach.
Our clients range from political campaigns to advocacy groups, unions, government agencies, and international groups, as well as global companies in the automotive, travel, consumer packaged goods, entertainment, healthcare, media, telecom, and other industries.
BlueLabs is headquartered in Washington, DC, and has offices in New York City.
Equal Opportunity and Diversity Policy:
BlueLabs believes a diverse, inclusive staff makes us a stronger team and more impactful partner for our clients. We’re committed to a diverse team, and qualified people of all races, ethnicities, cultures, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, languages, social class, marital status, religions, veterans status, and disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.