New York, NY /
Growth Marketing /
Full-time (Remote OK)
Blueland is revolutionizing conventional cleaning and personal care products to eliminate the need for single-use plastic packaging, while prioritizing the planet and people. We believe that we should be able to have a clean home without sacrificing a clean planet and that sustainable choices should be effective, convenient, and affordable. We also believe that businesses need to be reconstructed to consider all stakeholders, not just profit. We are a science-driven company with a pipeline of proprietary products that started with our cleaning sprays and hand soap (we hold over 40 patents and patents pending worldwide). To date, we’ve already helped divert more than 1 billion single-use plastic bottles from landfills and waterways. We were the 2nd fastest growing direct-to-consumer in 2020, and have built an engaged, passionate community of over 350K Instagram followers. We’re proud to be B Corporation Certified - recognized for meeting the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability. We’re also Climate Neutral Certified along with many other certifications that help hold us accountable on our commitments to optimize our products for environmental and human health. Blueland was featured on the Season 11 premiere of Shark Tank, securing an investment by Kevin O’Leary. Blueland is well-funded by top tier venture capital firms as well as notable investors including Gwyneth Paltrow, Justin Timberlake and founders of Sweetgreen, Thrive Market, Honest Company, Rent the Runway, and Bonobos. We’ve been featured across top tier outlets such as the New York Times, Fast Company, TechCrunch, VOGUE, Wall Street Journal, Inc., and more.
We are looking for an experienced Growth Lead to lead our acquisition function and help us efficiently scale existing paid acquisition channels, launch new channels to diversify our marketing mix, and drive growth strategy for a fast-growing startup. The ideal candidate has a deep background in Paid Social (i.e. Facebook, TikTok) and experience/familiarity with Paid Search/Shopping (i.e. Google), Audio (i.e. Podcasts), Influencer, Direct Mail, Affiliate, SEO, and/or TV.
As an early growth hire for a fast-growing, mission-driven brand,you will have the freedom to own initiatives as well as the flexibility to develop strategies and test new tactics. You’ll be responsible for the rigorous measurement of performance, testing, and optimization of acquisition marketing efforts and will report directly to the VP of Growth & Digital Product.
- Own new customer acquisition strategy, driving initiatives from concept through execution, and supervising key channels
- Manage & mentor an in-house team of growth specialists and external agencies
- Scale customer acquisition with a laser focus on profitable growth and maximizing LTV:CAC in tandem with the Retention Team
- Develop hypotheses and run varying tests on creative & landing pages to improve incremental performance
- Explore and test into new scalable & measurable acquisition channels
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Creative, Brand Marketing, Customer Experience, Operations, Digital Product, Data, Amazon, and Retail to execute on key priorities
- Support in forecasting & managing quarterly goals for profitable growth in new customer acquisition
- 4-6 years of growth/acquisition marketing experience; startup & DTC experience preferred
- Experience or familiarity in all or most of the following acquisition channels is required: Paid Social (i.e. Facebook, TikTok), Paid Search/Shopping (i.e. Google), Audio (i.e. Podcasts), Influencer, Direct Mail, Affiliate, SEO, and/or TV
- Experience in developing an end-to-end paid social creative process for ads & landing pages from creative concepting to content production/sourcing, to optimization
- Experience in Excel and Google Analytics required. Experience with BI tools (e.g. Looker) highly preferred.
- A proven track record of taking initiative and and driving to optimize & improve metrics
- Detail-oriented and a fast learner
- Effective multi-tasker; you’re comfortable wearing many hats
- Highly analytical and strategic thinker - you leverage data to inform key decisions and can anticipate potential future problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about the environment and sustainability and interested in Blueland’s mission
The salary range for this position is $130,000 -$150,000 per year.
We prioritize our planet and our people. In addition to salary compensation, we offer various other benefits to ensure our team members can be their best self, both in and outside of work. Benefits for full time roles include: health benefits, stock options, generous paid time off, paid holidays, paid civic engagement days, paid parental leave, 401k (employee contribution), professional development stipends, remote work reimbursements, various discounts to like-minded companies and more.
At Blueland we believe in order to build a better future and planet, we must advocate for diversity, equity and inclusion. We are proud to have assembled a diverse team and strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every qualification.