Brand Ambassador, Portland Market
Portland, OR /
In-Store Retail /
Blueland is revolutionizing conventional cleaning and personal care products to eliminate the need for single-use plastic packaging, while prioritizing the planet and people. We believe that we should be able to have a clean home without sacrificing a clean planet and that sustainable choices should be effective, convenient, and affordable. We also believe that businesses need to be reconstructed to consider all stakeholders, not just profit. We are a science-driven company with a pipeline of proprietary products that started with our cleaning sprays and hand soap (we hold over 40 patents and patents pending worldwide). To date, we’ve already helped divert more than 1 billion single-use plastic bottles from landfills and waterways. We were the 2nd fastest growing direct-to-consumer in 2020, and have built an engaged, passionate community of over 350K Instagram followers. We’re proud to be B Corporation Certified - recognized for meeting the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability. We’re also Climate Neutral Certified along with many other certifications that help hold us accountable on our commitments to optimize our products for environmental and human health. Blueland was featured on the Season 11 premiere of Shark Tank, securing an investment by Kevin O’Leary. Blueland is well-funded by top tier venture capital firms as well as notable investors including Gwyneth Paltrow, Justin Timberlake and founders of Sweetgreen, Thrive Market, Honest Company, Rent the Runway, and Bonobos. We’ve been featured across top tier outlets such as the New York Times, Fast Company, TechCrunch, VOGUE, Wall Street Journal, Inc., and more.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Brand Ambassador who is passionate about Blueland’s mission, products and customers and is eager to lead Field Marketing activities in your area. A successful Brand Ambassador will bring Blueland’s brand and mission to life in stores, develop creative and engaging ways to share our sustainable cleaning and personal care solutions with customers as well as make in-store demos fun, educational and brand building. This role is a unique opportunity to help build our brand in your region and, in doing so, help reduce plastic waste. As the in-store representative of Blueland the ideal candidate will be kind, energetic, people focused, well-organized, timely and genuinely excited to become a Blueland product/brand expert.
- Enthusiastically and genuinely engage with customers during field marketing activities to share Blueland’s mission, story and products
- Develop deep expertise on all products so that you are able to effectively educate potential and existing customers about Blueland’s benefits and build our community of people connected to the brand
- Be timely, well-organized and genuinely represent Blueland by being positive, kind, professional, exceptional communication and committed to sustainability
- Maintain flexibility as needed with shifting demo schedules
- Help to ensure a best-in-class in-store brand experience by merchandising shelves and monitoring inventory levels / condition
- Look for opportunities to improve Blueland’s field marketing events and proactively share with your team
- Perform against program KPIs, including but not limited to sales goals, conversion rates, and new consumer engagement.
- Create and submit high quality recaps within 48 hours following an event. Recaps to include: precise # of customers interacted with, # of new customers approaching the demo, # of Blueland aware customers approaching the demo, # of samples given, # of units sold during the demo, images of demo setup, store shelf or pallet, and competitive set, images of merchandising “before and after”
- Be our eyes and ears in store by providing feedback and insights on new products / the competitive landscape at the store level
- Attend all Blueland product education sessions
- Be active in your region and immersed in events or groups that present opportunities for powerful Blueland field events
- Tone: Genuine, Honest, Sincere, Knowledgeable, Approachable, and Kind
- Strong customer service skills are a must
- Outgoing individual with strong communication skills who is energized by talking with new customers
- Interests and passion in sustainability, clean ingredients, and wellness
- Excellent knowledge of the local market including the health and wellness scene
- Passionate about the planet and innovative ways to eliminate plastic in everyday living
- Takes initiative, is organized, and detail oriented
- Event photography and reporting
- Must be accountable, will be responsible for company assets (vehicle, demo supplies, product, etc.)
- Contract, Part-Time
- ~20 hours per month, ~6 hours per week
- Available 1-5 days a week with a flexible schedule including early mornings, nights, weekends
- Work Attire: Blueland’s branded shirt, pants with no rips or tears, and closed toed shoes
- Travel Expectations: Willing to drive at least 4 hours to a demo event across assigned region
This is a non-exempt, hourly position. The pay rate is: $30.00 per hour.
We prioritize our planet and our people. In addition to hourly compensation for part-time employees, we offer various other benefits to ensure our team members can be their best self, both in and outside of work. Benefits for part-time roles include: 5 days of paid time off, 401k (employee contribution), professional development stipend, remote work reimbursement, various discounts to like-minded companies and more.
At Blueland we believe in order to build a better future and planet, we must advocate for diversity, equity and inclusion. We are proud to have assembled a diverse team and strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every qualification.