Senior UX Designer
New York, NY /
Full-time (Remote OK)
Blueland is revolutionizing conventional cleaning and personal care products to eliminate the need for single-use plastic packaging, while prioritizing the planet and people. We believe that we should be able to have a clean home without sacrificing a clean planet and that sustainable choices should be effective, convenient, and affordable. We also believe that businesses need to be reconstructed to consider all stakeholders, not just profit. We are a science-driven company with a pipeline of proprietary products that started with our cleaning sprays and hand soap (we hold over 40 patents and patents pending worldwide). To date, we’ve already helped divert more than 1 billion single-use plastic bottles from landfills and waterways. We were the 2nd fastest growing direct-to-consumer in 2020, and have built an engaged, passionate community of over 350K Instagram followers. We’re proud to be B Corporation Certified - recognized for meeting the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability. We’re also Climate Neutral Certified along with many other certifications that help hold us accountable on our commitments to optimize our products for environmental and human health. Blueland was featured on the Season 11 premiere of Shark Tank, securing an investment by Kevin O’Leary. Blueland is well-funded by top tier venture capital firms as well as notable investors including Gwyneth Paltrow, Justin Timberlake and founders of Sweetgreen, Thrive Market, Honest Company, Rent the Runway, and Bonobos. We’ve been featured across top tier outlets such as the New York Times, Fast Company, TechCrunch, VOGUE, Wall Street Journal, Inc., and more.
We are seeking an innovative data-driven Senior UX Designer to bring our product vision to life, designing thoughtful user experiences that forward our company mission and growth. You’ll join our Growth Marketing team reporting to our Director of Digital Product to design creative and seamless shopping experiences partnering closely with teammates across Engineering, Growth Marketing, Data and Creative.
- Translate conceptual product ideas into intuitive user experiences
- Lead the UX process creating wireframes, user flows and designs, considering industry and competitive trends, usability findings, site metrics and customer feedback
- Lead user research and user testing to learn about user behavior and inform opportunities
- Identify and analyze growth metrics + KPIs to inform user experience decisions across acquisition and retention
- Collaborate with Digital Lead to define A/B testing plan along with corresponding performance metrics
- Partner closely with Engineering to define requirements, synthesize ideas and validate designs through user testing
- Collaborate with Creative to bring our brand to life in a consistent way throughout the site
- Maintain design systems, UI libraries and style guides
- 3+ years designing digital eCommerce product experiences in an agile and iterative development environment
- A portfolio demonstrating strong UX and creative solutions, with examples of user flows, wireframes and documentation demonstrating your design thinking
- Proficiency of prototyping tools like Invision and Figma
- Knowledge of sprint management tools like Wrike and JIRA for partnering with developers
- An ability to thrive in ambiguity and work independently, quickly and reliably in an agile environment with cross-functional partners to deliver desktop and mobile web experiences
- Quick to make data-driven decisions that inform the design of the experience
- A passion for user testing and experience with user testing platforms
- DTC and subscription design experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or Human Center Interaction a plus
The salary range for this position is $110,000 -$130,000 per year.
We prioritize our planet and our people. In addition to salary compensation, we offer various other benefits to ensure our team members can be their best self, both in and outside of work. Benefits for full time roles include: health benefits, stock options, generous paid time off, paid holidays, paid civic engagement days, paid parental leave, 401k (employee contribution), professional development stipends, remote work reimbursements, various discounts to like-minded companies and more.
At Blueland we believe in order to build a better future and planet, we must advocate for diversity, equity and inclusion. We are proud to have assembled a diverse team and strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every qualification.