Associate Creative Director
New York, NY /
Full-time (Remote OK)
Blueland is revolutionizing conventional cleaning and personal care products to eliminate the need for single-use plastic packaging, while prioritizing the planet and people. We believe that we should be able to have a clean home without sacrificing a clean planet and that sustainable choices should be effective, convenient, and affordable. We also believe that businesses need to be reconstructed to consider all stakeholders, not just profit. We are a science-driven company with a pipeline of proprietary products that started with our cleaning sprays and hand soap (we hold over 40 patents and patents pending worldwide). To date, we’ve already helped divert more than 1 billion single-use plastic bottles from landfills and waterways. We were the 2nd fastest growing direct-to-consumer in 2020, and have built an engaged, passionate community of over 350K Instagram followers. We’re proud to be B Corporation Certified - recognized for meeting the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability. We’re also Climate Neutral Certified along with many other certifications that help hold us accountable on our commitments to optimize our products for environmental and human health. Blueland was featured on the Season 11 premiere of Shark Tank, securing an investment by Kevin O’Leary. Blueland is well-funded by top tier venture capital firms as well as notable investors including Gwyneth Paltrow, Justin Timberlake and founders of Sweetgreen, Thrive Market, Honest Company, Rent the Runway, and Bonobos. We’ve been featured across top tier outlets such as the New York Times, Fast Company, TechCrunch, VOGUE, Wall Street Journal, Inc., and more.
Blueland is hiring for an Associate Creative Director and hands-on leader who will own the creative direction and design across all of our brand touch points including new product launches, campaigns, social, email and more. In this role you’ll ensure all creative elements of our brand are brought to life through a range of channels, you’ll mentor and inspire an in-house team of designers, and keep abreast of the cultural and creative landscape of trends to help inform your POV on our creative direction. This role reports to the founder and CEO of Blueland.
- Lead the long term direction and evolution of the Blueland brand by articulating and developing a strong vision for our place in culture
- Ensure that Blueland’s established look-and-feel is successfully implemented across creative projects, helping to maintain consistency across all channels while driving evolution of visual systems as we continue to grow into new channels, partnerships, etc.
- Translate big conceptual ideas into strong visuals and voice that feel fresh, bold, ownable to the brand
- Leverage consumer and cultural insights to ensure all creative work is strategy-led and positions Blueland as a thought leader
- Own and lead art direction for Blueland photo and video shoots, for key campaigns, evergreen and retail assets
- Bring big conceptual ideas to the table that shape the Blueland brand across all media and executions
- Lead, mentor, and inspire a team of designers to create first-in-class marketing and advertising for the Blueland brand
- Work effectively with brand and broader team for seamless design execution of the creative vision and bring to life brand campaigns from big to small, social to OOH, for retail to DTC
- A passion for the Blueland mission
- 6+ years experience in design, art direction and/or creative direction (startup experience preferred)
- A portfolio demonstrating the ability to lead creative initiatives across a wide range of platforms on web, print, OOH, packaging etc.
- A record of leading successful projects through full strategic and creative development
- The ability to present and influence to strategic, brand-focused ideas to cross functional team members and leadership
- A creative visionary and leader; people are inspired by and excited to work with you
- Prior management and mentorship experience with demonstrated capabilities of developing high performing teams
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- A strong design POV with a keen eye for high quality, commercially viable, designs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to give and receive feedback, within the team and externally
- Work both independently and collaboratively with others in a fast-paced environment
The salary range for this position is $150,000 -$175,000 per year.
We prioritize our planet and our people. In addition to salary compensation, we offer various other benefits to ensure our team members can be their best self, both in and outside of work. Benefits for full time roles include: health benefits, stock options, generous paid time off, paid holidays, paid civic engagement days, paid parental leave, 401k (employee contribution), professional development stipends, remote work reimbursements, various discounts to like-minded companies and more.
At Blueland we believe in order to build a better future and planet, we must advocate for diversity, equity and inclusion. We are proud to have assembled a diverse team and strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every qualification.