Data Engineer - Remote, Full-Time
Zapopan, Jalisco, Mexico /
Engineering – Software Development /
Bluelight Consulting is a leading software consultancy seeking a skilled Data Engineer to join our fast-growing team. Our mission is to design and develop technology that improves the lives of its users while providing an exceptionally high level of service to our clients.
We are looking for Data Engineer who wants to be part of a fast-paced, dynamic environment, where everyone’s opinions and efforts are valued. We hire outstanding individuals and give them the opportunity to thrive in a collaborative atmosphere that values learning, growth, and hard work.
Our team is distributed across the United State and Central / South America. If you have the desire to be a part of an exciting, challenging, and rapidly-growing software development consultancy, and if you are passionate about software development and creating the finest apps in the marketplace, please apply below.
What We Are Looking For
- Experience with AWS services including but not limited to S3, Athena, EC2, EMR, and Glue.
- Ability to solve any ongoing issues with operating the cluster.
- Experience with the integration of data from multiple data sources.
- Experience with various database technologies such as SQLServer, Redshift, Postgres, and RDS.
- Experience with one or more of the following data integration platforms: Pentaho Kettle, SnapLogic, Talend OpenStudio, Jitterbit, Informatica PowerCenter, or similar.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
- Experience with or knowledge of Agile Software Development methodologies.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
- Experience with collecting/managing/reporting on large data stores.
- Awareness of Data governance and data quality principles.
- Well versed in Business Analytics including basic metric building and troubleshooting.
- Understand Integration architecture: application integration and data flow diagrams, source-to-target mappings, data dictionary reports.
- Familiar with Web Services: XML, REST, SOAP.
- Experience with Git or similar version control software.
- Experience with integrations with and/or use of BI tools such as GoodData (Prefered), Tableau, PowerBI, or similar.
- Broad experience with multiple RDBMS: MS SQLServer, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift.
- Familiarity with SaaS/cloud data systems (e.g. Salesforce).
- Data warehouse design: star-schemas, change data capture, denormalization.
- SQL/DDL queries/Tuning techniques such as indexing, sorting, and distribution.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 3+ years of Data Pipeline development such as SnapLogic or Datastage, Informatica, or related experience.
- 3+ years of SQL experience (No-SQL experience is a plus).
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining data pipelines.
What You'll Be Doing
- Develop and maintain data models for core package application and reporting databases to describe objects and fields for support documentation and to facilitate custom application development and data integration.
- Monitoring execution and performance of daily pipelines, triage and escalate any issues.
- Collaborates with analytics and business teams to improve data models and data pipelines that feed business intelligence tools, increasing data accessibility and fostering data-driven decision-making across the organization.
- Implements processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes.
- Writes unit/integration tests, contributes to engineering wiki, and documents work.
- Performs data analysis required to troubleshoot data-related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues.
- Work within AWS/Linux cloud systems environment in support of data integration solution
- Works closely with a team of frontend and backend engineers, product managers, and analysts.
- Teamwork: Collaborate with team members. Share knowledge, provide visibility of interpersonal accomplishments and follow directions when provided.
- Competitive salary and bonuses, including performance-based salary increases
- Generous paid-time-off policy
- Technology / Office stipend
- 100% remote work, now and post COVID
- Continuing education, training, conferences
- Company-sponsored coursework, exams, and certifications
Being a software consultant is a fun, challenging, and rewarding career choice for engineers. Your contributions are highly valued by clients, and the work you do often has a direct and significant impact on the client’s business.
You will have the chance to work on a variety of projects for our incredible clients, which will help you quickly improve as a consultant and software engineer. You will get to work with modern languages and frameworks alongside some of the best developers in the world!
So if you have the desire to be a part of an exciting, challenging, rapidly-growing software consultancy, please apply. #LI-Remote