Senior System Administrator
Blueliv is an award-winning cyberthreat intelligence provider based in Barcelona. Our company brings together a multidisciplinary, international team in a fast-paced working environment.
We are looking for an experienced Linux System Administrator to join our DevOps team in Barcelona and contribute to our rapidly evolving High Availability Architecture, improving resilience, automation, monitoring and security.
- Take part in designing and improving both PAAS and SAAS architectures leveraging the latest technologies and approaches like Microservices and Cloud Computing.
- System performance monitoring, tuning and troubleshooting.
- Infrastructure Automation, Orchestration and Security.
- Create, maintain and automate test environments for developers and QA teams.
- Processes and services documentation creation and maintenance.
- Key member of our 24/7 System Administrator Team.
- Experience in building and managing High Availability environments.
- Advanced GNU/Linux Administration: Kernel and TCP stack hacks, fully automated disks encryption, Grsecurity patches, etc.
- Shell scripting: Bash, Python, Go, Rust or any tools that fits the job.
- Advanced knowledge of the HTTP/S stack tools: Nginx, Varnish, HAproxy, Apache, etc.
- Strong understanding of TCP, HTTP/S and DNS protocols.
- Network management: Complex routing, tunnelling, VPN servers and clients.
- Knowledge of systems monitoring tools like NagiOs, New Relic, Graphite, CloudWatch, Kibana, Grafana, Logstash, Sensu.
- Application Servers: Jetty, Tomcat, WildFly.
- SQL, NOSQL and Time Series Database Servers: MySQL, MongoDB, Solr, InfluxDB, CouchDB, Redis, etc.
- Experience in administrating DT/CI/CD tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins.
- Backups and Disaster recovery setup and maintenance.
- Strong team player and DevOps attitude: Being “Agile”, striving for maximizing efficiency and Continuous Improvement.
- Platforms design and deploy in public & private clouds: Amazon AWS, OpenStack, Azure, etc.
- Infrastructure automation software: SaltStack, Chef, CloudFormation, Puppet, Terraform or others.
- Advanced Backup and Fault tolerance skills: Hot Backup techniques, Replication, Snapshots and distributed filesystems knowledge.
- Python or Go coding skills.
- Virtualization: Experience with VMWare, Xen, KVM or other hypervisors.
- Bonus points for AWS PSA, AWS PDOE or MongoDB certifications.
- Previous exposure to High Security / PCI compliant environments.
- Fluency in English.
- Visa for working in the EU required.
What we offer
- A continuous challenge combatting the most advanced threats
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible compensation plan
- Internal and external training and development opportunities
- Young and dynamic working environment in Barcelona, with remote working opportunities