Head of Engineering
Blue Mesa Health is on a mission to deliver world-class digital health solutions that empower individuals to live chronic disease-free. We are a global, culturally diverse company with aspirations to prevent 100 million cases of chronic disease in the next decade. Our flagship product, Transform, is an evidence-based diabetes prevention program delivered via a combination of software, connected hardware, and professional health coaching.
Who are we looking for?
You are passionate about preventive health and you have a desire to make a positive impact on the world.
You feel energized when you directly or indirectly help others modify lifestyle behaviors, prevent disease, promote health, and create long-term behavior change.
You are ready to join a funded, early-stage startup and work with people who are building amazing health technology and sharing it with the world.
You are excited to work with a great team of health science, design, business and engineering professionals who challenge and inspire you every day to make great decisions and build high-quality, scalable, well-designed software.
You are excited to be part of a fast-moving, intellectually curious, growing digital health venture.
How You'll Make an Impact
- You will contribute to improving the lives of thousands of people immediately by scaling our best-in-class digital therapeutic products.
- You’ll coach a team of 5 engineers... and growing!
- You’ll be instrumental in hiring new engineers who fit the needs of the business and make the team culture better.
- You’ll help your team grow and evolve, and make sure that our engineers have an opportunity to improve professionally, expand intellectually and build resilience in a fast-moving environment.
- You’ll partner with our Product team to plan, design, and develop all new consumer- and client-facing features.
- You’ll be responsible for the maintenance of all existing systems, and sunsetting of those systems we no longer need.
Why We'll Love You
- You’ve had experience managing engineering teams at a startup.
- You take a pragmatic approach to technology, and you like it best when it helps make someone else’s life better.
- You’re familiar with agile management techniques, and understand how to create an effective team structure and workflow.
- You have experience migrating technology stacks from one generation to the next while maintaining seamless uptime for the core product.
- You understand and internalize the paramount importance of rigorous privacy and security and will maintain a deep and continuously current fluency to lead the engineering team in exceeding HIPAA-, HITECH-, GDPR-, and general compliance-focused best practices.
- You have demonstrated curiosity about leveraging data to improve product experience and have ideally shipped commercial products that incorporate NLU-, NLP-, data mining-, or AI-based components.
- You’re an excellent communicator who wants to work alongside the other teams in the company to help them use data to answer their questions—and to ask better ones.
- You’re comfortable with, and embrace, remote work and distributed teams.
- You’re supportive and fair, showing genuine interest in the well-being and success of your team. You set a positive tone and recognize and reward individual contributions.
- You treat everyone with respect and fairness.
- Like us, you’re all about mentorship and professional growth, and you understand that a manager’s most important long-term goal is to create more senior engineers.
Why You'll Love Us
- We believe in finding the right tool for each job. We pick technologies because they make sense and we’re not afraid to try something new when we feel that it could be useful, even if we’ve never used it before.
- Our team works towards goals, not just finishing tasks. We help other teams turn their needs into great technology and we give each engineer the freedom to tackle challenges that are meaningful to them.
- We move fast, with an iterative approach to developing new features and measuring their success.
- We invest in growing our people — personally and professionally.