Mobile App Developer
Blue Mesa Health is on a mission to deliver world-class digital health solutions that empower individuals to live chronic disease-free. We are a global, culturally diverse company with aspirations to prevent 100 million cases of chronic disease in the next decade. Our flagship product, Transform, is an evidence-based diabetes prevention program delivered via a combination of software, connected hardware, and professional health coaching.
Who are we looking for?
You are passionate about preventive health and you have a desire to make a positive impact on the world.
You feel energized when you directly or indirectly help others modify lifestyle behaviors, prevent disease, promote health, and create long-term behavior change.
You are ready to join a funded, early-stage startup and work with people who are building amazing health technology and sharing it with the world.
You are excited to work with a great team of health science, design, business and engineering professionals who challenge and inspire you every day to make great decisions and build high-quality, scalable, well-designed software.
You are excited to be part of a fast-moving, intellectually curious, growing digital health venture.
We are looking for a talented Mobile App Developer to create secure and functional code. As a Mobile App Developer, you’ll collaborate with internal teams to develop functional mobile applications, while working in a fast-paced environment. You have a passion for technology and software building. Attention to detail and an analytical mind are essential qualities for a successful career in programming. The goal is to design and build excellent and innovative software by writing clean and flawless code. If you’re passionate about mobile platforms and translating code into user-friendly apps, we would like to meet you.
- Write, develop, analyze, and elevate code that is well structured, with a focus on testability, maintainability, security, and performance
- Create rich user experiences on the web using HTML5, CSS3, Cordova, and Ionic
- Work closely with other developers, data analysts and business stakeholders to construct, implement and test data-driven features
- Optimize existing software to improve user experience
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Recommend and configure tools and services that facilitate mobile development and software engineering
- Commitment to a culture of learning
- Ability to write clean code that is easily maintainable and extendable by everyone
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to solve problems, analyzing possible solutions in a methodical fashion.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to efficiently locate/debug errors from end user tickets
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
- An analytical mindset and critical thinking
- Take pride and ownership in the software and user experiences you create
It has been our experience that strong engineers can pick up almost any language and libraries with some time and support.
We would love to hear from you if you have grounding in web technologies, object-oriented domain modeling, and/or functional programming who has an interest in fostering effective team communication.