Back End Developer
Blue Mesa Health is on a mission to deliver world-class digital health solutions that empower individuals to live chronic disease-free. We are a global, culturally diverse company with aspirations to prevent 100 million cases of chronic disease in the next decade. Our flagship product, Transform, is an evidence-based diabetes prevention program delivered via a combination of software, connected hardware, and professional health coaching.
Who are we looking for?
You are passionate about preventive health and you have a desire to make a positive impact on the world.
You feel energized when you directly or indirectly help others modify lifestyle behaviors, prevent disease, promote health, and create long-term behavior change.
You are ready to join a funded, early-stage startup and work with people who are building amazing health technology and sharing it with the world.
You are excited to work with a great team of health science, design, business and engineering professionals who challenge and inspire you every day to make great decisions and build high-quality, scalable, well-designed software.
You are excited to be part of a fast-moving, intellectually curious, growing digital health venture.
Our product team supports the human relationship between program participants and their dedicated health coach. Projects include:
A multi-platform smartphone app designed to drive behavior change through education, rich communication, and habit trigger push notifications
Backend data integration and analysis of activity tracker and weight scale data for outcome focused decision making
Rapid iteration towards human-computer hybrid communication with both clear information design and also applications of machine learning.
We are looking for a talented Back End Developer to create secure and functional code, responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
You have a passion for technology and software building. Attention to detail and an analytical mind are essential qualities for a successful career in programming.
The goal is to design and build superior and innovative software by writing clean and flawless code.
- Integrate software components and third-party APIs
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Recommend and execute improvements
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Work closely with other developers, data analysts and business stakeholders to construct, implement and test data-driven features
- Data migration, transformation, and scriptingImplement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Commitment to a culture of learning
- Experience in database design and SQL
- Ability to write clean code that is easily maintainable and extendable by everyone
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to solve problems, analyzing possible solutions in a methodical fashion.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
- An analytical mindset and critical thinking
- Experience with Loopback, GraphQL, and PostgreSQL
- Focus on efficiency, user experience, and process improvement
It has been our experience that strong engineers can pick up almost any language and libraries with some time and support. We would love to hear from you if you have grounding in web technologies, object-oriented domain modeling, and/or functional programming who has an interest in fostering effective team communication.