Blue Mesa Health is on a mission to deliver world-class digital health solutions that empower individuals to live chronic disease-free. We are a global, culturally diverse company with aspirations to prevent 100 million cases of chronic disease in the next decade. Our flagship product, Transform, is an evidence-based diabetes prevention program delivered via a combination of software, connected hardware, and professional health coaching.
Who are we looking for?
You are passionate about preventive health and you have a desire to make a positive impact on the world.
You feel energized when you directly or indirectly help others modify lifestyle behaviors, prevent disease, promote health, and create long-term behavior change.
You are ready to join a funded, early-stage startup and work with people who are building amazing health technology and sharing it with the world.
You are excited to work with a great team of health science, design, business and engineering professionals who challenge and inspire you every day to make great decisions and build high-quality, scalable, well-designed software.
You are excited to be part of a fast-moving, intellectually curious, growing digital health venture.
Blue Mesa is seeking an Accounting Manager to join our growing financial reporting and processes team and to help us develop our finance and accounting functions in a unique environment. Our CDC-recognized chronic disease prevention programs are delivered on a pay-for-performance model wherein much of our revenues are earned by tracking the data associated with our program — we get paid when people engage with the program and lose weight. This position provides a unique opportunity to drive our accounting processes and flows in value-based environment.
We are looking for a candidate who can develop strong relationships across the company to the data, product, sales, and operations teams. Blue Mesa Health is a fast-growing startup, and in this role you will have the opportunity to set the strategy for our accounting department going forward and have direct relationships with CEO, COO and Head of Product. You will be able to have a significant impact and work with a high degree of freedom and autonomy.
Your work will be foundational in helping us measure the impact we are making in the lives of thousands of people at risk for chronic disease and diabetes.
What You'll Do
- Create an internal department for overseeing cash, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll activities
- Drive budgeting and forecasting activities in a fast-paced environment where robust modeling skills will be critical
- Work with external CPA firms and auditors on month- and year-end
- Ensure financial reporting accuracy and compliance with anti-fraud, -waste and -abuse efforts
- Produce financial statements for internal and external stakeholder use
- Implement and operationalize budgeting and cash spend policies on a departmental basis — taking control strategies through from idea to execution on a day-to-day basis with the operations, engineering, data, product and program teams.
Qualities We're Looking For
- At least 4 years of accounting experience, preferably in audit
- Strong competency in US GAAP and internal controls
- Experience with foreign exchange risk and consolidated financials from global subsidiaries and branches
- Commitment to general ethical principles or accountability, compliance, and transparency
- Creativity and flexibility and a constant-improvement-oriented mindset
- Evidence of team communication skills
- Evidence of creating new processes or departments from the ground up
- Competitive salary
- ISO stock options
- Competitive vacation policy
- Access to subsidized gym membership in the local area
- Access to free certified remote health coach
- Experience with Canadian subsidiaries and employees and dual IRS/CRA reporting strategies
- Experience with international payroll
- Bilingualism (any language)
- Experience with provider organizations that produce claims for Medicare, Medicaid or private payers
We are growing our finance and accounting team and looking for individuals who want to be part of an innovative accounting department. We're really looking forward to hearing from qualified and enthusiastic accounting professionals who are interested in working with a funded digital health startup with an international presence.