Blue Mesa Health is on a mission to deliver world-class digital health solutions that empower individuals to live chronic disease-free. We are a global, culturally diverse company with aspirations to prevent 100 million cases of chronic disease in the next decade. Our flagship product, Transform, is an evidence-based diabetes prevention program delivered via a combination of software, connected hardware, and professional health coaching.
Who are we looking for?
You are passionate about preventive health and you have a desire to make a positive impact on the world.
You feel energized when you directly or indirectly help others modify lifestyle behaviors, prevent disease, promote health, and create long-term behavior change.
You are ready to join a funded, early-stage startup and work with people who are building amazing health technology and sharing it with the world.
You are excited to work with a great team of health science, design, business and engineering professionals who challenge and inspire you every day to make great decisions and build high-quality, scalable, well-designed software.
You are excited to be part of a fast-moving, intellectually curious, growing digital health venture.
Blue Mesa is seeking a creative, experienced, passionate, inquisitive and empathetic Product Designer who can demonstrate an outstanding design portfolio and an interest in digital therapeutics.
You will own the design of an exciting suite of products related to our multifaceted, software-driven, hardware-connected digital chronic disease prevention programs.
You will work with an interdisciplinary design team to both iterate on our current product and drive the next version of our product. your work will touch on cross-disciplinary collaboration with team members who are experts in the fields of behavioral science, user behavior, user interface design, user experience design, artificial intelligence, chronic disease prevention, endocrinology and more. This is a not an ordinary product design position.
What We're Looking For
- Strong communication skills to communicate, evaluation, conceptualize and generate buy-in on design strategies
- Three or more years of product design experience, with an emphasis on mobile products and generating engagement
- Demonstrated deep familiarity with iOS and Android design principles, best practices and human-computer interface guidelines
- You can establish design systems and languages from scratch and bring clarity to the underlying assumptions of a product design strategy
- You are a do-er. You can create your own mockups, build your own wireframes. You can get your hands dirty building IDE-ready mockups. You are specifically able to produce UI designs at the same time as you can conceptualize UX systems and paths.
- Experience with digital health and fitness products is a major plus
What You'll Do
- Design a focused range of interrelated products, including a participant app, a health coach dashboard, an administrator dashboard and a new (secret) evolutionary product in our R&D labs
- Conduct research with people who are undergoing behavioral change to live more healthily, empathize and understand the role of the health coaches who work with them,
- Work with cross-functional teams that include clinical, engineering, product, executive leadership, sales, health coaching and operations
- Drive the foundational growth of a new dedicated design department within the product team
- Work on a really, really, really cool (secret) product we are launching in 2019!
- Bilingualism or demonstrated ability to work with localizations in multiple languages
- Experience on a digital health or health technology team
- Experience with wearables and products that are fundamentally connected to the real world
- Experience in a startup or venture which underwent a period of high growth while you were there (ideally, because you were there)
We are building one of the coolest products in the world. Many companies say they are changing the world — we actually are. And we see it in the user testimonials we receive on a daily basis about how participants in our program(s) have fundamentally changed their lives and unlocked new horizons on their journey towards better health and wellness.