Business Intelligence Developer
Blue Mesa Health is on a mission to deliver world-class digital health solutions that empower individuals to live chronic disease-free. We are a global, culturally diverse company with aspirations to prevent 100 million cases of chronic disease in the next decade. Our flagship product, Transform, is an evidence-based diabetes prevention program delivered via a combination of software, connected hardware, and professional health coaching.
Who are we looking for?
You are passionate about preventive health and you have a desire to make a positive impact on the world.
You feel energized when you directly or indirectly help others modify lifestyle behaviors, prevent disease, promote health, and create long-term behavior change.
You are ready to join a funded, early-stage startup and work with people who are building amazing health technology and sharing it with the world.
You are excited to work with a great team of health science, design, business and engineering professionals who challenge and inspire you every day to make great decisions and build high-quality, scalable, well-designed software.
You are excited to be part of a fast-moving, intellectually curious, growing digital health venture.
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Developer to join our Data Team. You will design and maintain business intelligence dashboards, and help improve our strategic decision making using a data-driven approach.
Specifically, you will:
- Build data visualizations and self-serve business intelligence reports using Looker.
- Analyze complex data from multiple sources using SQL, MS Excel, and Google Sheets.
- Work with our Data Team to determine business requirements, priorities, and define key performance indicators. This includes working with internal stakeholders to design and document dashboards, alerts, and reports.
- Suggest architectural improvements for the data warehouse that will have immediate impact.
You should have:
- 2+ years of experience with at least one of: Tableau, PowerBI, Looker, or similar dashboard tools.
- Ability to write and test advanced SQL queries.
- Experience with writing documentation for report generation and analysis workflows.
- Knowledge of data warehouse concepts and foundations.
- Passion for data analysis and data visualization.
It would be nice if you have:
- Experience with Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, or similar columnar database technologies.
- Knowledge of R and/or Python.
- An interest in learning more about statistical techniques and/or machine learning.