Blue Mesa Health is on a mission to deliver world-class digital health solutions that empower individuals to live chronic disease-free. We are a global, culturally diverse company with aspirations to prevent 100 million cases of chronic disease in the next decade. Our flagship product, Transform, is an evidence-based diabetes prevention program delivered via a combination of software, connected hardware, and professional health coaching.
Who are we looking for?
You are passionate about preventive health and you have a desire to make a positive impact on the world.
You feel energized when you directly or indirectly help others modify lifestyle behaviors, prevent disease, promote health, and create long-term behavior change.
You are ready to join a funded, early-stage startup and work with people who are building amazing health technology and sharing it with the world.
You are excited to work with a great team of health science, design, business and engineering professionals who challenge and inspire you every day to make great decisions and build high-quality, scalable, well-designed software.
You are excited to be part of a fast-moving, intellectually curious, growing digital health venture.
A new career opportunity awaits you in AI.
AI (and we use the term for machine learning, data science, and deep learning) is a technology that is now emerging to prominence. This role is your opportunity to build and deploy an natural language-based product at the intersection of health, behavioral science and conversational AI.
The NLP/ML Developer role is a new technical role at Blue Mesa Health. You will be part of a nascent team within Blue Mesa Health's engineering department who will lead our AI strategy and deliver a fundamental shift in how we deliver value to participants in our chronic disease prevention programs. You will help build our NLP and ML development and production infrastructure.
You will help us build our first major new product since we started the company in 2015. You will help us chart the course for our future and help keep building the foundation for preventing and reversing 100 million cases of chronic disease by 2030.
As a successful NLP/ML Developer, you will
- Help us build our NLP system to understand natural languages
- Teach our conversational AI to converse naturally and fluently
- Help us make prudent data-driven decisions on tool, stack and platform choices as appropriate
- Build data ingest and data transformation infrastructure
- Build NLP models from scratch and help C-level leadership and product managers understand results
- Keep abreast of the latest AI research relevant to our field
- Provide linguistic analysis of customer qualifications and conversations
- Be familiar with Corpus-based and data-driven approaches to development
- Be fluent with applied or theoretical linguistics (computational linguistics, discourse analysis, semantics, etc.)
Qualities you Possess
- Several years of hands-on programming experience working on enterprise products.
- Demonstrated proficiency in multiple programming languages
- Strong ability to deconstruct linguistics and semantics on both a theoretical and applied level
- Concrete examples of problem solving and self-starter
- Fluent or near-native English language skills
- Bilingualism is strongly preferred. In lieu of full bilingualism, demonstrable proficiency in breaking down and systematizing a grammatical structure other than English is a requirement
- Native fluency specifically in Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Cantonese, Mandarin or French
- Specific experience in applied AI in the health care sector is a plus
- Past experience on a fast-paced, rapidly growing venture-backed team
Blue Mesa Health is a funded digital health technology venture led by an experienced team of entrepreneurs, health care veterans, and chronic disease experts. We offer a flexible, autonomous work environment. Our compensation packages comes with full benefits, competitive salaries and an employee equity incentive program. We would love to learn if you think you might be the right fit to join us on the next phase in our mission.