Blue Mesa Health is on a mission to deliver world-class digital health solutions that empower individuals to live chronic disease-free. We are a global, culturally diverse company with aspirations to prevent 100 million cases of chronic disease in the next decade. Our flagship product, Transform, is an evidence-based diabetes prevention program delivered via a combination of software, connected hardware, and professional health coaching.
Who are we looking for?
You are passionate about preventive health and you have a desire to make a positive impact on the world.
You feel energized when you directly or indirectly help others modify lifestyle behaviors, prevent disease, promote health, and create long-term behavior change.
You are ready to join a funded, early-stage startup and work with people who are building amazing health technology and sharing it with the world.
You are excited to work with a great team of health science, design, business and engineering professionals who challenge and inspire you every day to make great decisions and build high-quality, scalable, well-designed software.
You are excited to be part of a fast-moving, intellectually curious, growing digital health venture.
Our product team supports the human relationship between program participants and their dedicated health coach. Projects include:
A multi-platform smartphone app designed to drive behavior change through education, rich communication, and habit trigger push notifications
Backend data integration and analysis of activity tracker and weight scale data for outcome focused decision making
Rapid iteration towards human-computer hybrid communication with both clear information design and also applications of machine learning.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to build out our automated testing systems to ensure product quality. The QA engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions.
The QA engineer role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring effective testing before each product release to ensure our end-user experience is consistent and smooth. If you enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you.
- Work with other departments to ensure QA efforts and feature expectations are fully aligned
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans
- Document and reproduce reported issuesIdentify best-practice procedures and tools for test automation
- Write code for automated test cases and deploy continuous integration for a variety of platforms, including front-end UI, mobile apps, and backend business logicEnsure thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Strong analytical and methodical problem solving skills
- Ability to understand complex technical requirements
- Excitement for learning about new systems and technologies
- Programming experience in an Object-Oriented language
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management stakeholders to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs
- Experience with testing for both web applications and back end services
- Good knowledge of QA methodologies and software development life cycles
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teamsHigh degree of self-initiative