DevOps / Infrastructure Engineer
Blue Mesa Health is on a mission to deliver world-class digital health solutions that empower individuals to live chronic disease-free. We are a global, culturally diverse company with aspirations to prevent 100 million cases of chronic disease in the next decade. Our flagship product, Transform, is an evidence-based diabetes prevention program delivered via a combination of software, connected hardware, and professional health coaching.
Who are we looking for?
You are passionate about preventive health and you have a desire to make a positive impact on the world.
You feel energized when you directly or indirectly help others modify lifestyle behaviors, prevent disease, promote health, and create long-term behavior change.
You are ready to join a funded, early-stage startup and work with people who are building amazing health technology and sharing it with the world.
You are excited to work with a great team of health science, design, business and engineering professionals who challenge and inspire you every day to make great decisions and build high-quality, scalable, well-designed software.
You are excited to be part of a fast-moving, intellectually curious, growing digital health venture.
Our product team supports the human relationship between program participants and their dedicated health coach.
A multi-platform smartphone app designed to drive behavior change through education, rich communication, and habit trigger push notifications;
Backend data integration and analysis of activity tracker and weight scale data for outcome focused decision making; and
Rapid iteration towards human-computer hybrid communication with both clear information design and also applications of machine learning.
We are looking for a talented DevOps/Infrastructure Engineer manage infrastructure projects and processes. A keen attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, and solid knowledge base are essential. You will be responsible for deploying, automating, maintaining, troubleshooting and improving the systems that keep the backend infrastructure running smoothly. The role requires you to have hands-on technical experience and a can-do approach towards environment automation, management and continuous improvement.
- Work closely with developers. Learn the development process and help the team to improve productivity by building tools and processes.
- Own the production deployment task. Build continuous integration and delivery pipeline. Perform server audit and maintain server health with automated monitoring.
- Lead automating operations.
- Improve the productivity of operation tasks and look for opportunities to automate as much as possible to reduce operation risk and cost.
- Ensure robust test and staging environments are available for automated testing and pre-production verification.
- Reproduce any production incidents in a testing environment, evaluate available solution and approaches, development of the chosen solution, and follow up with end users.
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes.
- Setup, administration, and verification of data backups.
- Manage, organize and present application statistics, establishing key metrics and developing, and delivering both regular and ad-hoc reports and dashboards to help drive decision-making.
- Commitment to a culture of learning
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Excellent communication skillsAble to solve problems, analyzing possible solutions in a methodical fashion
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to understand and apply basic metrics gathering techniques
- Working understanding of relational databasesExperience with any of: Heroku, AWS, Redis, PostgreSQL
- Experience with continuous integration, log collection and analysis
- Driven to continuously improve systems and processes: you are passionate about automation and DevOps
- Extremely reliable and accountable in times of need
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- An analytical mindset and critical thinking
It has been our experience that strong engineers can pick up almost any language and libraries with some time and support.
We would love to hear from you if you have grounding in web technologies, object-oriented domain modeling, and/or functional programming who has an interest in fostering effective team communication.