Senior Back-End Engineer ($200k-$300k)
San Francisco, CA
A million people a year die in car collisions around the world and we want that number to be zero. We invite you to help us build an InsurTech company that uses rich customer insights, advanced technology and data science to save lives by preventing car collisions before they happen. To this end, we recently helped launch hiroad.com, a cloud native insurance solution that rewards people for the act of driving well.
With impressive funding, a compelling vision, and a world-class team, we're poised to re-engineer a trillion-dollar market from the ground up- and that's just where we're beginning. Longer term, we're out to change behavior and promote mindful living at a societal level.
We're seeking someone to build and enhance the critical backend systems and services for web and mobile applications that are the core of our business. This includes the rewards system that will be used to increase driver safety, designing APIs, creating/managing databases, and automated test suites. You will carve out a role for yourself within an existing high-functioning and communicative team.
General tools you build will be open sourced and will ideally be consumed by the greater community.
- Some Go experience and a burning desire to build well in Go.
- Experience in building high performance client/server systems.
- Have an extraordinary grasp of high-level architecture.
- Prior experience designing and using relational databases.
- Expert-level programming knowledge in at least one language and experience with several others.
- Fun side projects to share and an active GitHub page or other portfolio of up-to-date open source contributions.
- Experience working closely with data scientists.
- Salary: We invest in first-rate people and pay top-of-market salaries for most positions, factoring in experience and talent. We are unable to offer equity.
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision coverage, 401k, wellness reimbursement & on-site shower, four weeks of vacation, six weeks of parental leave, panoramic views, and more.
- Location: Near Montgomery Street BART station, San Francisco, California. Locals preferred, but relocation within the US considered for outstanding candidates.
All are welcome at Blue Owl. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and looks for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.