San Francisco, CA /
We’re here to create a safer, happier and more mindful future for all with the help of data science, engineering, design, and mobile technology. We're starting by reinventing insurance, by rethinking the technologies that enable it, but our true goal is to build a platform that rewards people for driving well—creating safer roads with fewer accidents in the process. Backed by impressive funding, we're poised to re-engineer a trillion-dollar category, and that’s just the beginning. We’re using rich customer insights, advanced technology and data science to build our cloud-native Insur-Tech solution, and other things we haven’t even dreamt up yet.
We're out to change behavior and promote mindful living at a societal level. But the key to us being successful in our mission isn’t just about nailing the technology—it’s about hiring the talented people who can help us make a quantifiable impact in the world. We’re growing our world-class team.
And that’s where you come in.
We're seeking someone to build and enhance the critical backend services that power our business. You’ll be developing systems that dynamically provide rewards to safe drivers, coordinating cutting-edge models to increase the intelligence of our industry-leading policy management solution, and optimizing our application’s architecture and observability to meet the performance demands of a rapidly growing user base.
Your work will include designing APIs, orchestrating data flows, creating/managing databases, and building automated test suites. You should be a strong communicator, an effective collaborator, and have a bias towards action.
- Professional experience with Go, or a burning desire to learn.
- Experience building high performance client/server systems.
- Have a good grasp of service-oriented architecture patterns.
- Prior experience designing and using relational databases.
- Experience in a financial sector such as insurance, banking, or investing.
- Salary: We pay top-of-market salaries for most positions, factoring in experience, talent and location. We do not offer equity.
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), wellness reimbursement, four weeks of PTO, six weeks of parental leave (12 weeks for parents who give birth), and great work-life balance.
- Location: May work from anywhere in the US, but will need to be actively available during the core business hours of 9:00AM - 5:00PM, PST, since a majority of time will be spent collaborating with team members in this time zone. Preferred SF Bay Area resident.
- Some travel required once the San Francisco office re-opens. Frequency TBD
- Candidates based in the SF Bay Area will be able to commute to the SF office, post-COVID, for in-person collaboration purposes and other gatherings. Frequency TBD.
All are welcome at Blue Owl. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and looks for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.