San Francisco, CA /
We’re here to create a safer, happier and more mindful future for all with the help of data science, engineering, design, and mobile technology. We're starting by reinventing insurance, by rethinking the technologies that enable it, but our true goal is to build a platform that rewards people for driving well—creating safer roads with fewer accidents in the process. Backed by impressive funding, we're poised to re-engineer a trillion-dollar category, and that’s just the beginning. We’re using rich customer insights, advanced technology and data science to build our cloud-native InsurTech solution, and other things we haven’t even dreamt up yet.
We're out to change behavior and promote mindful living at a societal level. But the key to us being successful in our mission isn’t just about nailing the technology—it’s about hiring the talented people who can help us make a quantifiable impact in the world. We’re growing our world-class team.
And that’s where you come in.
- Design and develop tests, tools and frameworks to enable reduction of manual testing
- Responsible for test creation, testing a large module or a large component
- Design and develop UI, integration, regression, performance, and other testing
- Work closely with development team to build a world class test framework
- Comfortable and adaptable in a fast-paced environment with a go getter attitude
- Manually execute testing if required
- Other duties as assigned
- 1+ years experience in swift in iOS quality assurance or relevant experience
- Experience with mobile automation frameworks Such as XCUITest, appium, etc
- Experience maintaining frameworks using industry standard tools
- Scripting skills (Python, Bash, etc)
- Demonstrates clarity of thinking and design end to end test scenarios to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
- Lead software quality engineering discussions in a detailed manner
- Execute Manual tests when/if needed
- Strong verbal and written communication
- 3+ years of experience in Quality Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in test automation of mobile applications on iOS/Android
- 3+ years of experience in using tools like version control, CI/CD , tickets and tests management system, and mobile testing lab
- Excellent understanding of Page Object Models
- Expert in breaking down problems and identify scenarios to provide end to end test coverage
- Able to work under minimal supervision and quick to adopt new technologies
- Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
- Shares knowledge, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
- P&C Insurance domain knowledge
- Salary: We pay top-of-market salaries for most positions, factoring in experience, talent and location. We do not offer equity.
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), wellness reimbursement, four weeks of PTO, six weeks of parental leave (12 weeks for parents who give birth), and great work-life balance.
- Location: May work from anywhere in the US, but will need to be actively available during the core business hours of 9:00AM - 5:00PM, PST, since a majority of time will be spent collaborating with team members in this time zone. Preferred SF Bay Area resident.
- Some travel required once the San Francisco office re-opens. Frequency TBD
- Candidates based in the SF Bay Area will be able to commute to the SF office, post-COVID, for in-person collaboration purposes and other gatherings. Frequency TBD.
All are welcome at Blue Owl. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and looks for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.