Senior Business Analyst
San Francisco, CA /
We’re here to create a safer, happier and more mindful future for all with the help of data science, engineering, design, and mobile technology. We're starting by reinventing insurance, by rethinking the technologies that enable it, but our true goal is to build a platform that rewards people for driving well — creating safer roads with fewer accidents in the process.
Backed by impressive funding, we're poised to re-engineer a trillion-dollar category, and that’s just the beginning. We’re using rich customer insights, advanced technology and data science to build our cloud-native InsurTech solution, and other things we haven’t even dreamt up yet. We're out to change behavior and promote mindful living at a societal level. But the key to us being successful in our mission isn’t just about nailing the technology—it’s about hiring the talented people who can help us make a quantifiable impact in the world. We’re growing our world-class team.
And that’s where you come in.
We are seeking a Senior Business Analyst or Business Analyst — an experienced BA with a proven track record of delivering project success across a variety of insurance product lines and system architectures. You will help bridge the areas of product, underwriting, insurance, billing & payment, claims and technology to help our business delivery change at an ever increasing pace. You will be actively involved in feature design and business requirements, so this is a role for someone who wants to get their hands dirty in a fast-paced startup environment.
You will play a pivotal role in E2E product and feature delivery—from working with insights and design through to implementation across a number of engineering teams. You will be a problem solver who can consult widely, synthesize information from multiple sources, formulate options and shepherd complex problems through to decision. In doing this, you will leverage your strong insurance knowledge and experience with insurance and related digital systems. You will report to our Manager - Insurance Product.
- You’re solutions focused
- You're a clear communicator who can have crucial conversations when necessary
- You're able to work effectively with a high degree of independence and flexibility
- You have a solid understanding of project management - managing risks, understanding dependencies and planning ahead is in your DNA
- You have excellent analytical skills
- You execute superior stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- You are familiar with agile project management methodology
- You have experience with Policy Administration Systems
Responsibilities : Sr Business Analyst - Insurance
- Understand business priorities to effectively coordinate multiple streams of work at one time
- Coordinate rollouts of features across projects and product lines, including user acceptance testing and validation
- Provide oversight and input into the definition, planning and implementation of insurance projects and features.
- Identify opportunities to improve operations and processes, and deliver improvements
- Be comfortable discussing project scope with all levels of the organization
- Prioritizes business needs to identify Minimum Viable Products in order to balance business direction and requirements with cost of development
- Identifies, manages and facilitates the resolution of risks, issues and defects
- Conducts data analysis and provides cohesive, understandable reports and presentations
- May provide release support and/or the development of training on new features delivered to production.
- Provides production support and coordinates solutions and remediation of customer impacts, as assigned.
- Serve as a role model and mentor for less experienced team members by providing input and experience establishing business analysis best practices and methodologies.
Responsibilities :Business Analyst - Insurance (Sr. BA level includes all items in BA level)
- Work cross-functionally across all areas of the organization (insurance, pricing, underwriting, claims, developers, insights, legal, product, user experience designers and other subject matter experts) to obtain a well-rounded understanding of what is being asked for and our ability to deliver it within the constraints of our environment.
- Translates stakeholder inputs into meaningful business requirements and rules, and then into stories that the scrum teams can deliver against.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation on products and processes using a wide variety of technical tools that are constantly evolving
- Works ahead to proactively elicit requirements for future user stories
- Creates user acceptance criteria for developers and QA to reflect all business requirements and scenarios for assigned work
- Performs user acceptance testing on new features and validates new operational procedures
- May assist in identifying, managing and facilitating the resolution of risks, issues and defects
- Practices continuous improvement; provides and adapts to continuous feedback
- Remains current and executes work in accordance with industry leading practices and methodologies
- May conduct data analysis and provide cohesive, understandable reports and presentations
- May provide production support and assist with coordination of solutions & remediation of customer impacts.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
Requirements & Qualifications:
- 3-5+ years minimum experience in the insurance industry, minimum 2 of those years in an analyst role
- Bachelor's degree in Technology, Engineering, Business/Economics, Science or Mathematics or similar fields
- Proven experience in analyst roles
- US P&C Insurance industry experience required - auto, home, life, other
- Insurance Industry professional designation (CPCU, etc)
- Strong preference to candidates with both insurance business experience and technical business analyst experience.
- Salary: We pay top-of-market salaries for most positions, factoring in experience, talent and location. We do not offer equity.
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), wellness reimbursement, four weeks of PTO, six weeks of parental leave (12 weeks for parents who give birth), and great work-life balance. Our office building offers on-site shower and bike stalls, and panoramic views of San Francisco.
- Location: Due to COVID-19 our teams are all working remotely through July 5, 2021. We provide an in-home office set-up including laptop, monitor, ergonomic desk, chair and other items as needed. Post COVID-19: San Francisco, CA near Montgomery BART Station. Phoenix AZ location possible for the right candidate.
What We Need:
- Please submit a resume and a brief but compelling cover letter.
BlueOwl, LLC is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you are a San Francisco resident, please read the City and County of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance notice. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf