Senior Product Manager - Mobile
San Francisco, CA /
We’re here to create a safer, happier and more mindful future for all with the help of data science, engineering, design, and mobile technology. We're starting by reinventing insurance, by rethinking the technologies that enable it to build a platform that rewards people for driving well — creating safer roads with fewer accidents in the process.
Backed by impressive funding, we're poised to re-engineer a trillion-dollar category, and that’s just the beginning. We’re using rich customer insights, advanced technology and data science to build our cloud-native InsurTech solution, and other things we haven’t even dreamt up yet. We're out to change behavior and promote mindful living at a societal level. But the key to us being successful in our mission isn’t just about nailing the technology—it’s about hiring the talented people who can help us make a quantifiable impact in the world. We’re growing our world-class team.
And that’s where you come in.
- You have deep expertise in mobile app and B2C product development.
- Your customer is your obsession.
- You're an excellent communicator and leader and know how to engage various teams and individuals throughout the company.
- You’re excited to be managing a cross-functional team in a purpose-driven company.
- You’re able to take products and features from concept to launch and support them in market
- You know how to take a product feature from ideation to production.
- Your technical skills allow you to tackle any project; from partner or system integrations, to analytics implementations, to messaging software systems.
- Set long-term roadmap and short term deliverables for your owned product area
- Manage scope, prioritize trade-offs, define goals, set priorities and oversee a backlog of features from story to acceptance throughout the Agile software development lifecycle
- Evaluate off the shelf solutions and make build vs. buy recommendations
- Coordinate development efforts, timelines, deliverables with other product owners and project managers
- Collaborate with engineering, user experience, customer care and insurance teams on detailed and complex requirements with a solid technical understanding
- Drive technical design discussions, understand technical dependencies and communicate requirements to engineering
- Project strong technical understanding of mobile technologies and platform nuances
- Be able to make technical decisions in collaboration with engineering
- Value performance, scalability and security implications related to product decisions.
- Help set tactical day-to-day priorities for engineering, and experience design.
- Make and communicate decisions based on data and evidence; enable data collection for analysis in your assigned product area
- Analyze competitive offerings for your assigned product area
- Work with internal stakeholders and the Customer Insights team to determine customers' needs and desires
- Communicate strategy, priorities, and roadmap to all relevant participants and stakeholders
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to prototype, test, learn and create compelling experiences
- Support product directors
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience. Computer Science degree helpful but not required.
- 5 - 7 years experience in a similar/complementary role for a cloud-based or software-as-a-service product line
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment as a Product Owner
- Comfortable with a multi-stakeholder environment, creating consensus and making timely decisions as needed
- Strong understanding of software development in at least two of the following areas: cloud-based infrastructure, API and back end services, AI, analytics, or mobile development
- High degree of analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly proficient in all things Atlassian - most notably Jira
- Experience with the implementation and/or management of Loyalty / Rewards programs. (nice to have)
- Passionate believers in making the world a better place with the products and services we create
- A world-class technology, design, and product team
- Hard workers, who also respect families, hobbies, and other commitments.
- Salary: We pay top-of-market salaries for most positions, factoring in experience, talent and location. We do not offer equity.
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), wellness reimbursement, four weeks of PTO, six weeks of parental leave (12 weeks for parents who give birth), and great work-life balance.
- Location: May work from anywhere in the US, but will need to be actively available during the core business hours of 9:00AM - 5:00PM, PST, since a majority of time will be spent collaborating with team members in this time zone. Preferred SF Bay Area resident.
- Some travel required once the San Francisco office re-opens. Frequency TBD
- Candidates based in the SF Bay Area will be able to commute to the SF office, post-COVID, for in-person collaboration purposes and other gatherings. Frequency TBD.
BlueOwl, LLC is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you are a San Francisco resident, please read the City and County of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance notice. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf