Senior Front-End Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
A million people a year die in car collisions around the world and we want that number to be zero. We invite you to help us build an InsurTech company that uses rich customer insights, advanced technology and data science to save lives by preventing car collisions before they happen. To this end, we recently helped launch hiroad.com, a cloud native insurance solution that rewards people for the act of driving well.
With impressive funding, a compelling vision, and a world-class team, we're poised to re-engineer a trillion-dollar market from the ground up- and that's just where we're beginning. Longer term, we're out to change behavior and promote mindful living at a societal level.
We're seeking an engineer to join our Front-End team, responsible for the architecture and development of our web applications. Our engineering team takes pride in writing practical, testable and maintainable code. The front-end team is using a stack including ES6, React, Redux, Flow, Jest, and Webpack.
- Developed and shipped complex web applications at scale
- Experience with ES6, React, Redux, Webpack
- Deep knowledge of the DOM, CSS, and HTTP
- Experience w/ git, unit testing frameworks, continuous integration
- 5+ years of application development
- Experience w/ Flow or TypeScript
- Backend or full stack experience
- Experience w/ AWS
- An active GitHub page or other portfolio of up-to-date open source contributions
- Salary: We invest in first-rate people and pay top-of-market salaries for most positions, factoring in experience, talent and location. We do not offer equity.
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), wellness reimbursement, four weeks of vacation + six weeks of parental leave, and great work-life balance. Our office building offers on-site shower and bike stalls, and panoramic views of San Francisco.
- Location: Due to COVID-19 our teams are all working remotely through 2020. We provide an in-home office set-up including laptop, monitor, ergonomic desk, chair and other items as needed
- Location: Post COVID-19: San Francisco, CA near Montgomery Bart Station
All are welcome at Blue Owl. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer who values diversity and inclusion and looks for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you are a San Francisco resident, please read the City and County of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance notice. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf