HR Manager- Remote
San Francisco, CA /
Human Resources /
We’re here to create a safer, happier and more mindful future for all with the help of data science, engineering, design, and mobile technology. We're starting by reinventing insurance, by rethinking the technologies that enable it, but our true goal is to build a platform that rewards people for driving well — creating safer roads with fewer accidents in the process.
Backed by impressive funding, we're poised to re-engineer a trillion-dollar category, and that’s just the beginning. We’re using rich customer insights, advanced technology and data science to build our cloud-native InsurTech solution, and other things we haven’t even dreamt up yet. We're out to change behavior and promote mindful living at a societal level. But the key to us being successful in our mission isn’t just about nailing the technology—it’s about hiring the talented people who can help us make a quantifiable impact in the world. We’re growing our world-class team.
And that’s where you come in...
The HRM Manager will be embedded and working directly with our teams. This position will report to the VP, People and partner with team leaders to develop and execute human capital strategies and programs to ensure the success of managers and team members. This individual must understand the business and functional priorities and act as a liaison between teams while assessing needs in areas such as leadership and career development, employee engagement, performance management, and employee relations.
The successful person must interface effectively with professionals at all levels of the company while diagnosing problems and collaborating with colleagues to provide solutions to various challenges. The candidate will need excellent communication and coaching skills, the ability to think strategically, and project management and data analytics skills. This individual will roll up their sleeves and dive into daily HR operations while thriving in a rapidly growing organization.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Talent Acquisition team to identify high-caliber candidates to support the growth of our expanding team.
- Coach and support managers and team members through ongoing organizational change, professional development, and career coaching.
- Assess employee engagement and performance management needs in collaboration with cross-functional leaders and employees.
- Facilitate complex and sensitive employee relations issues to successful resolutions and outcomes in conjunction with management and other parties (e.g., Trinet).
- Work with the People team to ensure overall engagement and employee experiences are in alignment with our vision, mission and values.
- Own all client group Visa work-streams with assistance from HR Generalist.
- Drive to create a unified team by partnering with cross-functional leaders to enhance workplace values, culture, and behavioral norms.
- Engage and participate in external community events to stay current and knowledgeable about best practices and employment law.
- Partner with HR operations to dive deep into daily HR operational needs.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned.
- 10 years of HR management or HRBP experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience working at a fast pace start-up company
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to build strong functional and cross functional relationships
- Able to influence and build trust of peers, employees and executives
- Outstanding follow through and critical thinking skills required
- Knowledge of functional areas within HR including compensation, benefits, employment, immigration and employee development
- Experience managing multiple complex projects and deliverables simultaneously
- Must understand and apply Federal, State and local employment laws.
- And of course, a sense of humor will serve the successful candidate well!
- Salary: We pay top-of-market salaries for most positions, factoring in experience, talent and location. We do not offer equity.
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), wellness reimbursement, four weeks of PTO, six weeks of parental leave (12 weeks for parents who give birth), and great work-life balance.
- Location: May work from anywhere in the US, but will need to be actively available during the core business hours of 9:00AM - 5:00PM, PST, since a majority of time will be spent collaborating with team members in this time zone.
- Some travel required once the San Francisco office re-opens. Frequency TBD
- Candidates based in the SF Bay Area will be able to commute to the SF office, post-COVID, for in-person collaboration purposes and other gatherings. Frequency TBD.
BlueOwl, LLC is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you are a San Francisco resident, please read the City and County of San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance notice: