Senior Technical Project Manager / Scrum Master - Marketing Innovations
San Francisco, CA /
Project Management /
We’re here to create a safer, happier and more mindful future for all with the help of data science, engineering, design, and mobile technology. We're starting by reinventing insurance, by rethinking the technologies that enable it, but our true goal is to build a platform that rewards people for driving well — creating safer roads with fewer accidents in the process.
Backed by impressive funding, we're poised to re-engineer a trillion-dollar category, and that’s just the beginning. We’re using rich customer insights, advanced technology and data science to build our cloud-native InsurTech solution, and other things we haven’t even dreamt up yet. We're out to change behavior and promote mindful living at a societal level. But the key to us being successful in our mission isn’t just about nailing the technology—it’s about hiring the talented people who can help us make a quantifiable impact in the world. We’re growing our world-class team.
And that’s where you come in.
The qualified Sr. Technical Project Manager will work alongside a Product Director on our Marketing Innovations team to build, test, pilot, launch, and operate novel products and features that drive user acquisition, conversion, and revenue generation.
- Drive multisite & remote, cross-functional scrum and kanban teams to project completion ensuring that we are creating best-in-breed product and service experiences.
- Organize and continually maintain project transparency by establishing key project information, visualizations, and a schedule for all phases of a project, as possible. Define and refine Agile metrics to understand team performance.
- Communicate project status with all levels of stakeholders within the organization as needed, with the goal of creating harmony and accountability across the organization and team.
- Take meeting notes (attendees, items discussed, what changed, blockers, next steps, action items)
- Collaborate with other Project Managers to integrate planning and execution across your teams and others on programs and initiatives
- Develop team rapport in a remote work environment
- Continually strive to create and maintain team harmony and efficiency given the fact that the teams may be made up of diverse people with varied backgrounds, experiences and opinions
- Serve as the bridge between the business and other teams - engineering, design, QA, etc.
- Be a servant leader comfortable working within a matrix organization where your powers of persuasion are key.
- Juggle multiple projects with different sizes and timelines, as needed
- Drive project Change Management, which includes stakeholder buy-in, phased roll-outs, enterprise-wide communications, training, tips and tricks, guardrail set up, and coaching as needed.
- Drive project Risk & Issue Management, tracking issues and proactively putting in place mitigations and escalating as needed. Recognize situational severity and know when to push for actionable next steps toward resolution and when to escalate.
- Lead / coach your team on Jira and Confluence usage
- Work within our Agile Scrum or Kanban frameworks, bringing in your own flare.
- Work alongside product management and others to do Jira ticket creation and wrangling
- Always keep an eye out for continuous improvement and once identified, drive the improvement!
- Facilitate Marketing Innovations team portfolio & epic planning, visibility, and prioritization
- Drive Release Management by scheduling, coordinating, and managing releases across the organization on behalf of the Security and Privacy teams.
- In the Kanban Lead role, facilitate the Kanban process with team and stakeholders and proactively remove impediments to progress.
- In the Scrum Master role: Lead effective scrum ceremonies, such as daily stand-ups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, and sprint retrospectives
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of software Project Management experience and street cred
- Experience with mobile app development and iOS/Android distribution and lifecycle processes
- Superior planning and organizational development skills
- Superior communication skills with an ability to speak to all levels in your audience, diverse team members and varying disciplines
- Excellent management skills to coordinate and communicate with various stakeholders within the company with the goal of creating visibility, harmony, and accountability across the team.
- Flexibility is key! We're looking for someone that can be a technical project manager, Agile coach to their team(s), ability to work with business and technical teams, and is able to adapt to changes in teams and projects as corporate needs require.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, motivate and lead others, improve productivity, handle multiple demands, give and receive feedback, solve problems, all while remaining flexible and fun to work with!
- Jira, Confluence, and G-Suite expertise.
Nice to Have:
- PMP, CAPM, CSM, etc.
- Smartsheet, Github, Miro, Retrium, EazyBI, etc. experience
- Startup experience
- Insurance industry experience
- Experience with working in an organization going through an Agile transformation
- Experience with full end to end of product life cycle from concept to development to release and support
- Strong technical knowledge of web, mobile and back-end development
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- Salary: We pay top-of-market salaries for most positions, factoring in experience, talent and location. We do not offer equity.
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), wellness reimbursement, four weeks of PTO, six weeks of parental leave (12 weeks for parents who give birth), and great work-life balance. Our office building offers on-site shower and bike stalls, and panoramic views of San Francisco.
- Location: Due to COVID-19 our teams are all working remotely PT hours through September, 2021. We provide an in-home office set-up including laptop, monitor, ergonomic desk, chair and other items as needed.
- Post COVID-19: Initially full time remote is an option. Core work hours are 9am PT to 5pm PST. The candidate should be prepared to come into their home office in Providence, RI or San Francisco, CA (near Montgomery BART station) at least 1-3 times per quarter. NOTE: Project management assignments could morph over time so the amount requested in office may change.
BlueOwl, LLC is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you are a San Francisco resident, please read the City and County of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance notice. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf