Brand Designer, Remote
San Francisco, CA /
BlueOwl is a separate company in the State Farm® family of companies and the solutions provider for HiRoad Insurance, an InsurTech brand that recognizes and rewards good choices. Operating independently with the backing of the #1 auto insurer in the country, we blend the best aspects of a tech startup and an industry leader. To see what we’ve helped build so far, check out HiRoad.com.
At BlueOwl, we envision a world where data driven behavior fuels better lives. We started with the reinvention of insurance and a bold mission to create a data science powered platform that actually helps people become better drivers. We aspire to be the best in the business at identifying low-risk drivers by harnessing the power of data with an innovative technology stack.
It’s a big goal, and that’s where you come in. We're growing a world class team of data science, engineering, design, product, marketing and mobile technologists because we know that the key to success isn’t just about nailing the technology—it’s hiring the talented people who will help us make a quantifiable impact.
The BlueOwl brand design team is responsible for the definition and evolution of the HiRoad brand, ensuring the development and implementation of best-in-class brand expressions across multiple media formats and marketing channels. We are a cross-functional, collaborative and empathetic team dedicated to creating innovative, compelling experiences, platforms and campaigns that drive our business and brand forward.
We are looking for a designer to join a growing team to support creative initiatives and the development of holistic brand design systems that showcase the HiRoad brand. You'll work across our content, brand, communications, creative and growth teams to evolve and grow the brand look, feel and personality across channels and media. You’ll partner with brand marketing, production, design and experience experts to deliver bold new solutions and craft beautiful and delightful marketing experiences that shape the visual representation of the brand to help convert new customers.
- Collaborate with both creative and non-creative partners to execute at the highest level of craft through open communication and within established processes and timelines.
- Develop and execute creative solutions across a wide array of mediums including illustration, animation, video, and photography to drive innovative, interesting and useful content.
- Work iteratively to develop multiple creative expressions in an effort to generate the best possible creative solutions for any given output.
- Conceptualize new campaign ideas and social tactics based on established voice and tone. Develop creative proposals, mockups and decks to kickstart new campaigns.
- Present ideas and concepts to stakeholders, collaborate and iterate based on feedback from cross-functional partners.
- Maintain consistency and alignment to the HiRoad brand through ongoing definition and maintenance of our design style guide.
- Test and iterate different types of content (written, voice, video, etc) across channels.
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise (must haves)
- 3-5 years of design experience.
- A link to an online portfolio showcasing relevant work.
- Ability to learn and apply new knowledge and skills quickly, multi-task and prioritize work assignments.
- Knowledge of industry tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Figma, and After Effects.
- Experience across multiple forms of creative expression and production: traditional, digital, social, experiential and product.
- Detail oriented, ability to deliver polished creative executions under tight deadlines with impeccable attention to detail.
- Strong communications skills and an ability to present work intelligently and concisely in internal reviews and in stakeholder meetings.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up environment with multi-discipline teams.
- Experience working remotely with teams in other locations and time zones.
Bonus Points (nice to haves)
- Experience working in growing startup environments.
- Experience working with teams in the insurtech and fintech industries.
- Knowledge of 3D (Cinema 4D, Maya or 3ds Max).
- Salary: We pay competitive salaries factoring in experience, skill set, and location. We do not offer equity.
- We provide a wide-selection of health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and supplemental income plans. We also offer a 401(k) Plan with a company match.
- Wellness and Time Off: We provide Headspace subscriptions, a wellness allowance, and generous time off including four weeks of PTO in the first year of employment with additional time granted upon hire. New parents may also take eight weeks of fully paid parental leave (plus four weeks for parents who give birth) which may be taken within one year after the birth and/or the adoption of a child.
- Professional learning and growth: We provide a generous allowance each year for professional learning, continuing education, and career development.
- Location: May work from anywhere in the US, but will need to be actively available during core meeting hours from 9:00AM - 3:00PM pacific time to collaborate with team members across all time zones.
- Some travel may be required after the San Francisco office re-opens.
- Candidates based in the SF Bay Area will be able to commute to the SF office for in-person meetings and other gatherings. Frequency TBD.
What We Need
- A resume and a link to an online portfolio showcasing relevant work. If applicable, passwords should be included in portfolio submission.
BlueOwl, LLC is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.