Actuarial Pricing Product Manager
San Francisco, CA /
Data Science /
We’re here to create a safer, happier and more mindful future for all with the help of data science, engineering, design, and mobile technology. We're starting by reinventing insurance, by rethinking the technologies that enable it, but our true goal is to build a platform that rewards people for driving well — creating safer roads with fewer accidents in the process.
Backed by impressive funding, we're poised to re-engineer a trillion-dollar category, and that’s just the beginning. We’re using rich customer insights, advanced technology and data science to build our cloud-native InsurTech solution, and other things we haven’t even dreamt up yet. We're out to change behavior and promote mindful living at a societal level. But the key to us being successful in our mission isn’t just about nailing the technology—it’s about hiring the talented people who can help us make a quantifiable impact in the world. We’re growing our world-class team.
And that’s where you come in.
- Are self motivated and persistent to seek answers in a fast-paced startup environment
- Have highly developed quantitative analysis and project management skills
- Demonstrate ability to solve complex business problems consistent with a deep understanding of the insurance product and rate making principles.
- Have deep expertise in P&C Auto insurance pricing and data analytics
- Have experience modeling, approving and launching insurance pricing models
- Have a passion for innovation in pricing risk, in particular novel modeling approaches, working with regulators to explain how non-traditional pricing approaches can progress the matching of price to risk in their state
- Are comfortable reaching out and managing relationship with other stakeholders, business partners and regulators
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills, including understanding stakeholder needs and communicating effectively to your audience
- Are detail oriented
- Direct work of actuarial analysts and data scientists to build models
- Manage the overall profitability for auto and renters programs for assigned states
- Adapt the standard pricing design to conform with the states requirements and market conditions
- Manage the insurance pricing life cycle from base rate setting, model building, implementation, to monitoring and maintenance of the rating plan
- Monitor the market place for emerging opportunities and identify competitor and industrial changes impacting the effectiveness of the current product offers and pricing position
- Manage relationship with state insurance regulatory agencies and industry organizations
- Provide cross functional teams with actuarial expertise around financial forecasting, insurance regulation, and insurance data analytics
Skills & Background:
- BS/BA in Math, Statistics, Economics or similar
- 6+ years of relevant experience in product management, actuarial pricing management, consulting or risk management.
- Experience with project management required.
- ACAS or FCAS preferred
- Salary: We invest in first-rate people and pay top-of-market salaries for most positions, factoring in experience, talent and location. We do not offer equity.
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), wellness reimbursement, four weeks of vacation + six weeks of parental leave, and great work-life balance. Our office building offers on-site shower and bike stalls, and panoramic views of San Francisco.
- Location: Due to COVID-19 our teams are all working remotely through 2020. We provide an in-home office set-up including laptop, monitor, ergonomic desk, chair and other items as needed
- Location: Post COVID-19: San Francisco, CA near Montgomery Bart Station
BlueOwl, LLC is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you are a San Francisco resident, please read the City and County of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance notice. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf