Sr. Systems Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
We’re here to create a safer, happier and more mindful future for all with the help of data science, engineering, design, and mobile technology. We're starting by reinventing insurance, by rethinking the technologies that enable it, but our true goal is to build a platform that rewards people for driving well — creating safer roads with fewer accidents in the process.
Backed by impressive funding, we're poised to re-engineer a trillion-dollar category, and that’s just the beginning. We’re using rich customer insights, advanced technology and data science to build our cloud-native InsurTech solution, and other things we haven’t even dreamt up yet. We're out to change behavior and promote mindful living at a societal level. But the key to us being successful in our mission isn’t just about nailing the technology—it’s about hiring talented people who can help us make a quantifiable impact in the world. We’re growing our world-class team.
We’re looking for an accomplished and well-rounded Senior Systems Engineer with an impressive Information Technology background. The individual will join a highly-skilled fast paced team and will be responsible for supporting key aspects of corporate IT Operations. We take a customer first approach to everything we do, and never settle for anything less than world class.
You have senior level experience (5-10 years) in a customer facing IT support role and understand that attitude is everything. Our Senior Systems Engineers have strong specialized skills, value working collaboratively, and are multifaceted in many areas of IT.
- You are the sort of person who thrives in a fast-moving, quickly changing atmosphere
- You understand, are excited by, and ideally have experienced the challenges of a start-up
- You take security and customer privacy seriously. We love being a nimble startup, but we do not cut corners when it comes to data and infrastructure integrity
- You are a self starter with experience working independently
- You have a strong focus on team collaboration and customer service
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Able to produce high-quality operations documentation (runbooks, wiki pages, etc)
- IT Support Desk experience with a proven track record with SLA’s
- 5+ years Enterprise Network Administration
- Experience building Zero-Trust Infrastructures
- Experience operating and automating firewalls
- Experience working with Palo Alto Networks, Cisco, and other related networking vendors
- Experience with IPSec Tunnel Management, BGP and Static Routing, StackWise, 802.1q, NAC, Zero-trust Architecture
- Experience with VLANs, VPNs, DNS, DHCP, WiFi, and integrating corporate networks with cloud operations
- VoIP and Cloud PBX experience
- Shell and Python Scripting experience
- 4+ years Okta/SAML Administration
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Additional duties as assigned
- Familiar with the Agile methodology and best practices (Scrum, Sprints, Kanban, etc)
- Familiar with the Google BeyondCorp Remote Access
- Experience building Zero-Trust Infrastructures
- Experience with working with Jira, Confluence Jamf, and GSuite
- You have experience in cloud operations (we use AWS)
- You have operational experience with configuration management, cloud provisioning, and other similar tools (we use Terraform)
- Salary: (160K-$210K) We pay top-of-market salaries for most positions, factoring in experience, talent and location. We do not offer equity.
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), wellness reimbursement, four weeks of PTO, six weeks of parental leave (12 weeks for parents who give birth), and great work-life balance. Our office building offers on-site shower and bike stalls, and panoramic views of San Francisco.
- Location: Due to COVID-19 our teams are all working remotely. We provide an in-home office set-up including laptop, monitor, ergonomic desk, chair and other items as needed. May work from anywhere in the US, but will need to be actively available during the core business hours of 9:00AM - 5:00PM, PST, since a majority of time will be spent collaborating with team members in this time zone. Preferred SF Bay Area resident.
- Some travel required once the San Francisco office re-opens. Frequency TBD
- Candidates based in the SF Bay Area will be able to commute to the SF office, post-COVID, for in-person collaboration purposes and other gatherings. Frequency TBD.
BlueOwl, LLC is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you are a San Francisco resident, please read the City and County of San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance notice: