Lifecycle Marketing Manager
San Francisco, CA /
We’re here to create a safer, happier and more mindful future for all with the help of data science, engineering, design, and mobile technology. We're starting by reinventing insurance, by rethinking the technologies that enable it, but our true goal is to build a platform that rewards people for driving well — creating safer roads with fewer accidents in the process.
Backed by impressive funding, we're poised to re-engineer a trillion-dollar category, and that’s just the beginning. We’re using rich customer insights, advanced technology and data science to build our cloud-native InsurTech solution, and other things we haven’t even dreamt up yet. We're out to change behavior and promote mindful living at a societal level. But the key to us being successful in our mission isn’t just about nailing the technology—it’s about hiring the talented people who can help us make a quantifiable impact in the world. We’re growing our world-class team.
And that’s where you come in.
The Sr. Lifecycle Marketing Specialist helps plan strategic communications and data-driven campaigns across channels and key touch points, including email, push notifications, SMS, and direct mail. Your role is responsible for the continuous enhancement of our email campaigns and customer comms to drive growth, activation, and increase customer relationships and loyalty while partnering closely with marketing and product teams across growth initiatives.
Working within the cross-discipline growth team, you will be responsible for planning, executing, analyzing and optimizing lifecycle strategies while serving as a subject matter expert for omni-channel communication. With an orientation around our target customer experience and generating measurable engagements that drive short and long-term business results. The ideal candidate has a data-driven analytical mindset, a passion for understanding the customer journey, and has worked on complex lifecycle and nurture programs.
- You’ve travelled many roads within the marketing practice—from retail to ecommerce and SaaS start-ups—delivered results and helped grow a profitable customer base and kept them engaged with strategic and experimental growth tactics. But you’re not one to rest on your laurels or driven by an ego. Instead, your passion for your craft, curious mind, and desire to see your team succeed fuels a broad interest in marketing that delivers results.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive on helping shape capabilities within a growing business. And you can leverage all your passion and acumen to deliver results with your team — be it email campaigns that promote organic referrals or build personalized nurturing journeys that convert. When it comes to the brand and customer, you understand these impact our success as much as business optimization.
- You’re a hybrid with a passion for performance-driven marketing and branding. You understand that creating great marketing requires experimentation and meaningful measurement to achieve business results. But you’re also a master of the marketing craft, understanding the brand, the industry and what drives purchase decisions—and ultimately acquires great customers with high LTV. Whether extending brand campaigns through communication channels or working with research teams to interpret performance results, you know firsthand how to bridge the gap between a business strategy and building a community of engaged and passionate customers. Which you’ve done repeatedly. And you know that it takes teamwork to do it successfully.
- You're a fantastic communicator with strong technical acumen. Both within your team, and without, you have to be able to give voice to your vision, and present your ideas effectively and objectively. And you’re ready to listen and learn too. Importantly, you understand how to take an idea and implement it, because you have extensive knowledge of ESP and CRM platforms. One moment you’re teaching the team how to create CTAs that convert and the next you’re optimizing email templates for automated email nurturing journeys.
- You're a low ego collaborator and competent leader. You understand that without a multidisciplinary team to give campaigns life, an idea is worthless. You understand how to bring the creative team and technical team together to work seamlessly as a well-oiled optimized marketing machine, because you are as much a conductor as a collaborator. You also recognize the need to take a particular path, as you understand what the data is telling us and can guide the team toward optimized results.
- You work with energy and passion for your craft. Branding, technology and the analytics space are your lifeblood and you inspire your teammates and compel them to produce performance driven marketing. You want to work where you can help shape the culture and have the ability to build something with a group of like-minded individuals that share your passion.
- You experiment strategically. You have the ability to deliver great work that also delivers on customer and business needs. You know from experience that being intentional with your approach and experimentation goes much further than random tests for the sake of testing. And you find optimizations that generate results that acquire, retain, upsell and cross-sell customers at the right moment in the lifecycle.
- You keep it together. You’re a master housekeeper—organized, methodical and timely. That’s how you stay on top of everything. Specifically, you need to be able to map the engagement into a plan that the team can implement, measure and produce extraordinary results.
- You’re an entrepreneur. And with an entrepreneurial spirit, you’re a confident self-starter that has a passion for growing teams, evolving processes, and most importantly culture. In other words, you don’t want to just be a part of the culture, you want to help make it. You recognize that great company cultures come from you and your teammates, your positive attitudes and hard work to shape and nurture healthy and successful companies.
- Own the planning and execution of lifecycle marketing initiatives across all channels from overall strategy and calendaring to day-to-day management including comms ideation, list management, campaign set-up, execution and analysis.
- Develop data-driven customer segmentation strategies that enable us to drive higher conversion for prospective customers and engagement among existing customers across the lifecycle using email, push notifications, SMS and direct mail.
- Drive optimization and growth experimentation process to hypothesize, prioritize, and execute A/B and multivariate tests to drive core KPIs and gain further insights into customer behavior.
- Define, execute, and optimize lifecycle management campaigns (e.g. saved quote nurturing, new user onboarding, etc).
- Work closely with the broader Growth team and agency partners on coordinated integrated marketing campaigns and comms across outbound and inbound channels.
- Help with budgeting, forecasting and reporting process for all segments, email cadence, including monthly/weekly/daily forecasting reporting at a channel level for traffic, revenue, spend and other performance KPIs.
- Drive and Grow Email Strategy: Responsible for segmentation, file health, forecasting, testing and overarching direction of email program. This includes optimization of daily batch & blast emails as well as developing the strategy and execution of triggered campaigns, including personalization and segmentation strategies.
- Partner closely with the broader Growth team for continuous cadence of testing with audience segments across channels and touchpoints (e.g. landing page/website optimization, etc).
- Help manage the customer and prospect list health, monitor deliverability, troubleshoot issues, and work closely with Data and Marketing to utilize effectively within compliance.
- Work with analytics to compile and present weekly/monthly reports covering key metrics and KPIs (e.g., delivery, open rate, click thru rate, unsubs) and synthesized insights on campaign performance and overall channel performance to communicate impact.
- Stay on top of emerging technologies, best practices and competitive insights to be able to provide recommendations on new technical solutions as relevant, while constantly pushing the envelope on new tactics and approaches.
- Manage end-to-end execution of email campaigns, developing strategy, building, managing, analyzing, and optimizing email campaigns.
- Work closely with creative to identify and implement innovative messaging to drive conversions at scale.
- Strong ability and desire to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally with other practices and teams such as the Design, Product, Communications, Business, and Data teams.
- Drive continuous improvement across email KPIs including deliverability, open rates, click-to-open rates, and conversion rates.
- Ensure all email campaigns comply with current email best practices, CAN-SPAM, and data privacy policies.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of digital marketing experience with direct to consumer brands and products with a proven track record in driving customer acquisition and revenue growth.
- You have 4+ years in email, lifecycle, loyalty or engagement marketing.
- Hands on experience with email marketing/automation software such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud and CRM tools, Optimizely, Mailchimp as well as similar ESP and targeted marketing platforms.
- Experience working with growth marketing frameworks, acquisition, lead nurture campaigns, and retention strategies.
- Knowledge of HTML and email CSS.
- Passion for email marketing and tracking best practices, industry trends, and testing the newest strategies.
- Exceptional expertise with all aspects of email marketing, customer growth and analytics.
- Strong proficiency in digital trends, omni-channel marketing, integrated campaigns and best practices.
- Strong business acumen with ability to think strategically, collaboratively and experiment in innovative ways.
- Robust quantitative skills including forecasting ability and ROI analyses with demonstrated ability to apply learnings to optimize results.
- Strong proficiency in Google Analytics and other web metric systems.
- Experience working with startups, young brands and products optimizing channel/market fit.
- Growth marketing background with D2C brands and extensive knowledge of the ecommerce, retail and SaaS consumer spaces.
- Salary: We invest in first-rate people and pay top-of-market salaries for most positions, factoring in experience, talent and location. We do not offer equity.
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), wellness reimbursement, four weeks of vacation + six weeks of parental leave, and great work-life balance. Our office building offers on-site shower and bike stalls, and panoramic views of San Francisco.
- Location: Due to COVID-19 our teams are all working remotely through 2020. We provide an in-home office set-up including laptop, monitor, ergonomic desk, chair and other items as needed
- Location: Post COVID-19: San Francisco, CA near Montgomery Bart Station
What We Need:
- Please submit a resume and a brief but compelling cover letter.
BlueOwl, LLC is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you are a San Francisco resident, please read the City and County of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance notice. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf