Providence, RI /
We’re here to create a safer, happier and more mindful future for all with the help of data science, engineering, design, and mobile technology. We're starting by reinventing insurance, by rethinking the technologies that enable it, but our true goal is to build a platform that rewards people for driving well — creating safer roads with fewer accidents in the process.
Backed by impressive funding, we're poised to re-engineer a trillion-dollar category, and that’s just the beginning. We’re using rich customer insights, advanced technology and data science to build our cloud-native InsurTech solution, and other things we haven’t even dreamt up yet. We're out to change behavior and promote mindful living at a societal level. But the key to us being successful in our mission isn’t just about nailing the technology—it’s about hiring the talented people who can help us make a quantifiable impact in the world. We’re growing our world-class team.
And that’s where you come in.
BlueOwl is seeking a Security Analyst to help us achieve a world-class intrusion detection and incident response posture to protect critical assets for the company and its customers. You will work with a team of accomplished security analysts and engineers to handle security operations, including development of simple security tools and automations. You will be relied on as a technical contributor with a focus on protecting BlueOwl’s customers, systems, and data from internal and external threats.
- You have a broad understanding of the modern cybersecurity landscape, with a background in intrusion detection, incident response, logs analysis, SIEM tools, and security evangelism. Your education, skills, and experience position you to provide immediate help on our security operations team.
- You have a passion for intrusion detection, incident response, and threat intelligence
- You are calm and comfortable in high-stress situations
- You thrive in an interrupts-based environment, and are able to quickly jump between tasks
- You have an eye for detail and a knack for spotting patterns and correlations
- You enjoy creating small helper tools, scripts, and automations to make your own and your coworkers’ jobs easier
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Experience with common HIDS/NIDS/SIEM/EDR tools (e.g. ArcSight, ELK, LogRhythm, OSSEC, Snort, Splunk, etc)
- Extensive experience securing MacOS and Linux systems
- Familiarity with common log sources, including cloud logging (Mac, Linux, network devices, SaaS platforms, AWS Cloudtrail, etc)
- Understanding of security architecture & event logging pipelines
- Able to participate in a 24/7/365 on-call rotation
- Strong security tools development skills: Automation for common workflows, tools to support alert investigation & incident response, strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience with security incident response processes
- Familiarity with computer forensic tools, processes, & procedures
- Understanding of internal vs external threats & IoCs for each
- Familiarity with online threat information sources
- Experience with turning threat intelligence into actionable IoCs
- Experience with red team / penetration test processes & tools (incl. social engineering)
- Able to produce high-quality operations documentation (runbooks, wiki pages, etc)
- Experience with vulnerability management processes & tools
- Experience with data loss/leakage prevention processes & tools
- Familiar with risk assessment models, especially vendor and/or data-centric risk
- What we need: please submit a resume and a brief but compelling cover letter. (Candidates missing any of these will not be considered.)
- Salary: we invest in first-rate people and pay top-of-market salary for most positions, factoring in experience and talent.
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), wellness reimbursement, four weeks of vacation + six weeks of parental leave, and great work-life balance.
- Location: May work from anywhere in the US, but will need to be actively available during the core business hours of 10:00am to 2:00pm PST, in addition to timezone appropriate 8 hour workdays.
- Post-COVID: For fully remote employees, travel to the employee’s home office (San Francisco or Providence) is required at least 2 weeks per quarter (8 weeks/year), or more if needed for an incident. Travel to other offices is expected roughly 2x yearly, and may, in extremely rare situations, be required for an incident.
BlueOwl, LLC is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you are a San Francisco resident, please read the City and County of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance notice. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf