Marketing Data Scientist
BANDAI NAMCO Mobile Barcelona – Marketing /
We are looking for a Marketing Data Scientist to join our growing team. This role is aiming to focus on building a closer relationship between Marketing Automation and Data Science for maximizing the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, improving the personalized digital experiences and measuring the overall business outcomes.
You are a team player, who gets excited about answering difficult business problems, and isn't afraid to roll up their sleeves and get deep into the data. You will be strong in quantitative analysis, statistics or mathematics, and have the ability to draw business insights that will add real value to BNM. You will need to demonstrate the ability to learn quickly and work in a fast paced and collaborative environment whilst communicating effectively with teams throughout the company.
You will work closely with the Performance Marketing Managers to improve the effectiveness of our data analytics. You will help build best-in-class LTV, attribution, & propensity models with the overarching goal of improving marketing ROI. With your strong data science background, you will also provide guidance to our media buying teams and advise on how they can improve their test & learn framework.
- Translate business needs to technical requirements and AB- tests, then work with development teams to ensure correct implementation and tracking
- Develop an analysis strategy and perform analysis of complex scenarios and AB- tests, both systematically and on a one- off basis.
- Build statistical models which predict the behaviour of our player-base
- Carefully check, debug, and problem solve issues to ensure you deliver accurate and clear analysis and reports, even when confronted by subtle data complications
- Bachelor in in Mathematics, Statistics, Marketing or Economics
- Relevant experience in a data science or analytics role, supporting a marketing function.
- Ability to write complex SQL queries to analyse our massive databases with millions of players, and work effectively with relational database systems
- Experience in predictive modelling, ideally within a gaming and/or marketing environment
- Using R and Python (and their libraries tidyverse, data.table, pandas, numpy) for analytical purposes
- The use of data visualization libraries (ggplot2, matplotlib) and implementation of data visualization tools (Shiny, Dash, …)
- A good knowledge of the usual machine learning algorithms (K-nn, K-means, Random Forest)
- Understanding the appropriate statistical techniques to use in different circumstances
- Designing best ways of communicating, visualising or reporting your results/analysis so they are clear and unambiguous
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to explain your views in a concise and coherent way.
- A talent for asking the right questions, then answering them with sound data and analysis.
Nice to have
- Good knowledge, genuine passion, and interest of gaming/tech/media industry trends
- Knowledge of digital marketing & advertising technology ecosystem
- Proven business acumen with strategic and analytical capabilities, with experience using data to help drive strategy and business decisions
- General knowledge of Japanese animes and BANDAI NAMCO IPs