Game Data Scientist
BANDAI NAMCO Mobile Barcelona – Publishing /
We are looking for a Game Data Scientist to join our growing team. This role will be working closely with stakeholders including our Product Managers to analyse data, identify trends and highlight opportunities and issues for the team.
At the heart of Bandai Namco’s unique way of working - whether that’s ideation, development or even marketing - is a genuine passion for collaboration; collaboration between our teams, with our players, and with all the influencers and creators around the world who regularly play our games to their audiences.
The ideal candidate will be excited about the prospect of being on the hunt to problem solve and identify root causes of positive and negative trends.
- Manipulating and analysing large, complex data sets representing the behaviour of players and turning them into actionable insights to address strategic and operational business questions
- Provide actionable recommendations and conclusions from game data to shape game features and future product roadmaps
- Work closely with internal departments to drive insights that will help produce better games and drive towards retention and monetization improvements.
- Build automated dashboards and reports to facilitate company-wide awareness and understanding of key business metrics and player’s experience.
- Manage multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced environment
- Proven analytical work experience, preferably for in Mobile Gaming
- BSc degree in mathematics, statistics, engineering, science, economics or other quantitative fields
- Strong SQL skills with experience in querying large, complex data sets
- Strong analytical and visualisation skills (experience working with Tableau or similar)
- High level of analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to turn complex concepts into actionable recommendations
- Advanced knowledge in statistical tools and models- advantage
- True passion for understanding consumers’ gaming behaviour
- General knowledge of Japanese animes and BANDAI NAMCO IPs would be appreciated